Senior Auditor, Global Internal Audit & Assurance
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
The Senior Auditor in GIA will work in a team environment to plan and execute dynamic risk-based audits and identify value-added recommendations to strengthen Company processes and controls. Audits will include U.S.-based operations, international Company subsidiaries, strategic initiatives, critical business processes, and key third-party outsourcing arrangements. Throughout the audits, the Senior Auditor will have the opportunity to interact with senior management and enhance oral and written communication skills.
- Work collaboratively with audit teams to execute financial, operational, compliance, and integrated-IT audits.
- Conduct planning activities to identify significant risks and develop appropriate risk-based audit procedures.
- Research applicable policies, guidance, and regulations to drive assigned sections of the audit with high quality and within deadlines.
- Leverage existing data analytics and assist with build and enhancement projects, when assigned.
- Interview key personnel to assess business processes and the strength of their control environments.
- Identify meaningful value-added recommendations for management to improve the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of controls and related processes.
- Lead meetings involving various levels of management to effectively communicate audit status, align on significant audit issues and recommended corrective actions.
- Prepare clear, detailed audit documentation evidencing the results of actual testing procedures in accordance with BMS and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Prepare audit reports, including clearly written, concise audit observations that effectively communicate identified issues and their related corrective actions to key stakeholders.
- Participate with the team in at least two weeks of annual training in addition to regular departmental meetings that include sharing best practices.
- Participate in departmental projects as assigned (e.g., audit lessons learned, training, continuous improvement, etc.).
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years prior public accounting or internal audit experience, including experience in financial, operational, or compliance auditing.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and IIA standards.
- English fluency.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% for NJ based resources/approximately 35% for Tampa based resources of the time, including international travel for up to three weeks at a time.
- Proficiency with Excel/Word/PowerPoint. Data analytics experience (specifically with visualization tools such as Tableau) and ERPs.
The following skills and/or experiences are an advantage
- MBA or other advanced degree.
- Professional certification (i.e., CPA, CA, CIA, CISA or equivalent).
- Experience with a Big Four firm.
- Experience in developing written reports and delivering presentations.
- Multilingual (verbal and written).
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.