Senior IT Auditor, Global Internal Audit
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Global Internal Audit & Assurance (GIA) is viewed within BMS as a source of key diverse organizational talent, with alumni holding various roles, including leadership positions in business and IT operations. In this role, the Senior IT Auditor will receive broad exposure to BMS’ Information Technology (IT) and business operations.
The Senior IT Auditor in GIA will work in a team environment to plan and execute dynamic risk-based audits and identify value-added recommendations to strengthen Company processes and controls. Audits will include U.S.-based operations, international Company subsidiaries, strategic initiatives, critical business processes, and key third-party outsourcing arrangements. Throughout the audits, the Senior IT Auditor will have the opportunity to interact with senior management and enhance oral and written communication skills.
- Work collaboratively with audit teams to execute IT, operational and integrated audits
- Conduct planning activities to identify significant risks and develop appropriate risk-based audit procedures
- Research applicable policies, guidance, and regulations to drive assigned sections of the audit with high quality and within deadlines
- Collect and analyze necessary data for audits, evaluate information and draw logical conclusions
- Design and execute standalone data analytics to support audit findings and business requests
- Interview key personnel to assess business processes and the strength of their control environments
- Identify meaningful value-added recommendations for management to improve the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of controls and related processes
- Lead meetings involving various levels of management to effectively communicate audit status, align on significant audit issues and recommended corrective actions
- Prepare clear, detailed audit documentation evidencing the results of actual testing procedures in accordance with BMS and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards
- Prepare audit reports, including clearly written, concise audit observations that effectively communicate identified issues and their related corrective actions to key stakeholders
- Participate in departmental projects as assigned (e.g., audit lessons learned, training, continuous improvement) and annual audit training
Following skills and experience are essential:
- A BA/BS degree in Information Sciences, Computer Sciences, Data Sciences, Accounting, Finance, or other business discipline
- A minimum of 3 years of prior IT / Operational audit and/or IT related experience (e.g., Business Analysis, IT Project Management, IT Operations, IT Compliance, Information Security / Cybersecurity)
- Strong knowledge of IT General Controls, System Development Life Cycle, COBIT and IIA standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Ability to travel approximately 15% for NJ based resources/approximately, including international travel for up to three weeks at a time
Following skills and/or experiences are an advantage:
- Professional certification (i.e., CISA, CIA, CISSP)
- Experience in auditing system implementation/ERP, cybersecurity, data privacy, digital transformation, and other emerging technologies
- Experience with Internal Audit, and/or Big Four/other consulting firms
- Data analytics experience
- Quick Learner: Able to identify risk and quickly develop an understanding of complex processes. Works effectively in ambiguous situations and adapts quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
- Action-Oriented: Pursues tasks with a sense of urgency. Shows accountability by taking ownership of assigned responsibilities and completing them on time, with the highest quality.
- Critical Thinking: Gathers relevant information and critically evaluates it to define next steps and propose a solution.
- Effective Communicator: Displays excellent ability to communicate across various levels of management, including with executives, to explain identified issues and related corrective actions.
- Project Management: Demonstrates speed and innovation to get things done; can simplify complex processes; knows of and can leverage resources to drive tasks/projects forward across functions and within the function.
- Team Player: Works well in a team environment, fostering inclusion and building effective relationships with both team members and customers.
- Development-Oriented: Committed to and actively works toward continuous improvement, including self-development.
- Integrity: Exhibits passion for the work that they do and demonstrates the ethical behavior expected of an internal audit function.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.