Director, IT Cell Therapy Manufacturing Site Lead, Devens, MA
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Director, IT Cell Therapy Manufacturing Site Lead position plays a critical role in managing all corporate & local supported infrastructure and software at the Devens, MA Cell Therapy manufacturing site. IT is committed to achieving excellence as measured (in part) by their effectiveness in supporting business functions and related business processes across the company. The role must excel at supporting the site’s daily operations while also developing a strategic IT roadmap for the site.
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Bachelor's degree in a life sciences or engineering discipline or a minimum of 10 years of equivalent biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Greater than 10 years in multiple organizational contexts, including IT, CSV, linking technology to business needs in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in information technology, preferably within a pharmaceutical technical operations environment. Experience should range from manufacturing and quality control systems to GxP quality management systems.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills in building high performance teams.
- Excellent skills in change management, staff mentoring, performance evaluation, life-long learning, and diagnosis of sources of problems in both technology and business processes.
- Deep knowledge of regulatory requirements in the areas of current Good Manufacturing Process (cGMP).
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and the role technology plays in satisfying those requirements is essential to this position.
- Thorough understanding of best practices in SDLC and ITIL.
- Must be client service-driven with excellent relationship management and analytical skills.
- MES and LIMS experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a matrixed organization composed of both site direct reports and groups of indirect reports to deliver effective, innovative and stable solutions that meet the needs of the site.
- Active member of the Site Leadership team. Collaborate with site leadership to develop, support, and align strategies for business process improvements through information systems automation.
- Function as the liaison and the single point of contact between site leadership and corporate IT.
- Accountable for continuous operation and maintenance of ERP, MES, LIMS, local manufacturing, quality control and quality management site IT systems as well as associated site infrastructure.
- Lead Cell Therapy site service level management scope and process with IT groups and/or vendor managed services, i.e. Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), Disaster Recovery/Service Continuity, etc.
- Provide IT leadership to site inspection readiness and data integrity initiatives.
- Participate in high-level strategic communications with the business and site leadership teams.
- Manage new demand from the various site functions (Manufacturing Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Science & Technology) through the IT stage gate process.
- Identify key technology trends and how new technologies might be leveraged to provide better solutions to the manufacturing site
The starting compensation for this job is a range from $178,000 - $224,000, plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility).
The starting pay rate takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and the where the job is performed.
Final individual compensation will be decided based on demonstrated experience.
For more on benefits, please visit: https://careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Eligibility for specific benefits listed on our BMS Careers site may vary based on the job and location.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.