Junior Software Developer ( R-00073249 )
The Leidos Defense Property and Accountability System (DPAS) project team is seeking entry level software developers to aid in the development of the DPAS for opportunities in Mechanicsburg, PA. DPAS is a web-based application used to manage Department of Defense (DoD) property. In this hands-on position, you will work collaboratively with your team in an agile environment to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance the DPAS application. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines, and other resource constraints. After initial "ramp up time", telework is approximately 60% with 2 days a week at the Camp Hill, PA or Chambersburg, PA site expected.
Primary duties include:
Participation in Scrum, resolving help desk tickets and participating in the development of System Change Requests (SCR).
Completing basic development features while being mentored by a Lead Developer.
Demonstrating a basic understanding of ReactJS, Micro Services, Model View Controller (MVC) and the overall functionality of the application.
Testing code changes to ensure the changes effectively performs to the functional and technical requirements.
Performing regression testing in order to validate the changes have not affected other components of the system.
• BS Degree in Information Technology or other comparable field
• 0 – 2 Years of experience in software development or relevant internship.
• Proficiency with one or more object oriented programming languages
• Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
• Familiarity with common Agile practices
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Basic knowledge of software design patterns.
You must be able to obtain a SECRET CLEARANCE after hire. To be eligible for a clearance, you must be a U.S. Citizen.
• C# (preferred) or VB.NET
• ASP.NET Model View Controller (MVC) or ASP.NET Web Forms
• Entity Framework/LINQ
• Web Services/Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
• SQL Server 2014+ and Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
• Microsoft Visual Studio
• Azure Dev Ops/Microsoft Team Foundation (TFS)
• React / Redux
• Micro services
• Progressive Web Apps(PWA)
• Mobile development
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)Pay Range: