We are seeking a Software Developer/Application Programmer to join our team supporting the Defense Logistics Agency's DPAS task order.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. “Technology moving at the speed of thought” embodies these principles – the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com.
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found [Register to View] 35283323%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=PLx9%2FvsLxsnX6xW6OF9wo2RKLHCEtn6sWTXTlrqwmU0%3D&reserved=0">here.
Provide design, development, integration, training, test and evaluation, installation, fielding, certification, maintenance, life cycle support and logistics support of an Asset Management System which meet the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) and Federal/Government Agencies. Our team will be providing the integration and engineering support essential to meet requirements for development, integration, and analysis of logistics systems integration.Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Provide application development support for the Microsoft suite of development tools and technologies including C# or VB.NET, SQL Server, and web development skills. This effort involves detailed analysis of the current system, program revisions, maintenance, enhancements and post implementation support of the application/system/database utilizing an Agile Approach.
- Participate in and/or lead daily scrum meetings, resource estimation of incoming updates and additions to the application, and work with their team to provide estimated deliverables to the project team.
- May be expected to act as a mentor for junior developers helping them to grow their knowledge base through peer review and process design and to provide input on potential modernization and advancement opportunities to the project. Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and be able to perform independent analysis and complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- BS plus 1-5 years plus of relevant experience. Four years of related experience can be substituted for degree.
- Able to work in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with team members and senior managers
- Experienced with the Microsoft suite of development tools and technologies and have very strong C# or VB.NET, SQL Server, and web development skills.
- Solid understanding of application lifecycle development and a strong understanding of object-oriented development principles.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- C# (preferred) or VB.NET
- ASP.NET Model View Controller (MVC) or ASP.NET Web Forms
- Entity Framework/LINQ
- Web Services/Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- SQL Server 2014+ and Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery
- XML and JSON
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Azure Dev Ops/Microsoft Team Foundation (TFS)
- Agile software development processes and methodologies
- Team Leadership
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)/ETL
- Unit/Automated Testing Frameworks
- Large-scale application development
- Software Estimation
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Micro services
- Progressive Web Apps(PWA)
- Mobile development
- Telerik and KendoUI controls suite
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Automated Identification Technologies (AIT)
- 508 Compliance Development/Testing
- Data Warehousing
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Telework is approximately 60% with travel to Camp Hill, PA or Chambersburg, PA approximately 1-2 days a week
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday – Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.