Associate Director, Molecule Quality Lead (QA) (R1545647-en-us-1)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement the GCP quality strategy for the assigned molecule
- Assess specific risk areas - brings ideas and strategies to the forefront and propose modifications to the Quality Assurance Program where necessary
- Identify and drive continuous quality process improvements as a consequences of audits, assessments, inspections, trends/metrics and root cause analysis
- Lead implementation of Quality by Design principles for the molecule
- Develop, implements and maintain the molecule quality plan summarizing the quality strategy by summarizing the result of evidence of quality activities
- Integrate end –to end quality principles and review project milestones with R&D
- Establish strong partnership with business stakeholder
- Seek to understand and evaluate their priorities
- Actively participate in and make meaningful contributions
- Deliver independent expert support and propose solutions
- Present key data (compliance, conformance, issues and risks) to drive decision making
- Manage for cause, critical and/or complex quality issues as well as serious breaches for the assigned molecule
- Engage in appropriate activities to support product submissions
- Ensure successful Health Authority engagement
- Demonstrate implementation of quality strategy to Health Authorities
- Create quality plan to be shared with Health Authorities
- Prepare for inspections and support inspections
- Provide guidance and training on relevant GxP regulations and guidelines to cross-functional business partners.
- B.S. and/or M.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or Health or Quality related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum 8 years QA experience or relevant experience in medical quality management, biomedical science, clinical development, or regulatory compliance
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of ICH/GCP, regulatory guidelines/directives, clinical research processes and principles of Quality Assurance
- Understanding of BMS’s therapeutic areas (Oncology, Cardiovascular, Hematology, Cell Therapy and Immunology and Fibrosis)
- Demonstrated applied knowledge of clinical/pharmacovigilance and regulatory requirements, as well as analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Broad knowledge of applied risk management including risk assessment, risk analysis, risk evaluation, risk reporting and communication, risk treatment and the review of continuous risk management
- Experience in regulatory inspection preparation, management, and related follow-up
- Proven problem-solving skills to prevent and overcome complex process and quality-related issues during clinical program implementation and execution
- Proficiency in utilizing data to generate insight and to formulate clear business questions that can be answered with data
- Communication Skills: Communicates professionally, clearly, concisely and consistently both verbally and in writing to internal and external customers; excellent presentation skills for compelling peer and Senior Management communication
- Project Management: Must be able to manage projects and deliver all expected deliverables in a timely manner and proactively communicate changes in pre-established goals and deadlines
- Responds resourcefully to changing business conditions and opportunities, proactively looking for ways the organization can adapt its plans, tactics, or strategies
- Microsoft Suite, Veeva Vault QMS, SharePoint, other systems as assigned/applicable
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.