Lead Application Developer ( 593917-1F )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Engineer - App Developmentsupports the internal employee Performance Management tools for Verizon. In this role, individuals are responsible for enterprise level projects, working with employees across the business, assembling cohorts of developers both onshore and offshore to solve business challenges, drive efficiencies and cost savings. Within the team, the Senior Engineer is a technical lead, resolving issues of varying complexity, evaluating new technologies and seeking continuous improvement. They contribute heavily to the overall application environment supporting system architecture, technical development, security, and backend processes.
- Partner with stakeholders and GTS partners throughout the SDLC
- Application development and domain leadership for critical project delivery through multiple work streams
- Apply Agile development practices in partnership with on/offshore teams
- Identify and communicate issues, risks, and solutions proactively to management
- Provide high level production and crisis support
- Be a technical mentor and coach, perform code reviews that provide constructive feedback. Follow up.
- Document processes appropriately to provide continuity
- Continuously monitor new technologies; seek and apply methods for increased efficiency and stability
- Learn and apply Northstar based principles and solutions
- Ensure tight privacy, compliance and security controls are maintain
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Microsoft service based web application and database development
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in related IT field
- Agile development experience
- Experience with micro-service based architectures and patterns, CI/CD tools
- Experience in service based application development
- Experience with React.js.
- Working knowledge of open stack technologies.
- Knowledge of AWS and VMC services, implementation and integration
- Experience in working with data automation across multiple environments (ETL).
- SSIS Advanced component experience a plus (transformation objects in data flow).
- Experience in open source DBs (ex: Postgresql, mySQL, Cassandra).
- Ability to manage multiple work streams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).