Lead Software Developer ( 591050-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We’re a phenomenal technology company that’s constantly pushing boundaries, building solutions from scratch, and executing on ideas that no one would have thought possible. You will contribute towards creating, operating and supporting Cloud and DevOps Platform based Products/Services for mission and business-critical applications within Verizon. Under the mentorship of senior leaders, you will work as a lead team member on various messaging platforms.
The work you’ll be doing will support web based and mobile applications that allow our customers to manage their accounts through self-service, shop for new services and monitor their usage. When these applications are working well, they are an important part of the overall customer experience. You will collaborate with various internal teams on new technologies to make it easy for our customers to do business with us.
- Contributing to the design and specification process.
- Analyzing user needs and software requirements to determine design feasibility and provide time and cost estimates.
- Mentoring junior developers and supporting them to perform their job activities.
- Developing, testing, and coordinating all user interfaces and leading code reviews.
- Troubleshooting production issues and providing automated fixes, where possible, to reduce manual burden.
- Recommending system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Maintaining web-based applications and building the libraries and frameworks that support Verizon's customers.
Where you’ll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You are curious about new technologies and the possibilities they create. You are driven and motivated to thrive in a dynamic work environment with different stakeholders/architects/business clients across large enterprise systems. You are great at analyzing business requirements and translating them into system requirements using the lens of the customer experience. You are excellent at working in teams and can use your interpersonal skills to get your point across.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experienceworking on interfacing with Live Chat platforms (e.g., LivePerson, Nuance).
- Experience in working with Chatbot platforms (e.g., DialogFlow).
- Considerable experience with IVR platform-based NLP tools (e.g., Google CCAI).
- Three or more years of experience managing DevOps products (e.g., Gitlab, Jira, Jenkins, Artifactory).
- Technology and Cloud certification.
- Operational knowledge of AWS EKS, ECS, Fargate and Lambda services.
- Experience in Web Services, Spring, Web Logic, Web Sphere, or Oracle.
- Experience in Unix/Linux, Python and Ansible.
- Experience working in agile/scrum environment.
- Experience with IT DevOps tooling and CI/CD practices.
- Experience in a high-performance, high-availability environment development.
- Ability to troubleshoot production problems, identify RCA and automate fixes.
- Communication and presentation skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.