IT Developer Lead-Highjump WMS Developer (70231)
HighJump WMS Lead Developer (Warehouse Management System)
Location: Ashley Furniture Industries – Charlotte or Advance, NC
Join The #1 Furniture Company-Join The #1 Furniture Brand
- Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry’s broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries.
- Join our team and utilize leading-edge technology to configure, develop, deliver and support applications for our business in areas such as Wholesale, Retail, and Digital Commerce you will be part of challenging projects to build and support technical solutions for the rapidly growing business needs.
- Our IT team combines a highly skilled workforce, the most advanced equipment available, and incredible computer optimization to create one of the most agile operations in the industry!
- The HighJump WMS Lead Developer will determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions within Distributions applications. This position will document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code. The Lead Developer will prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming and improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
Primary Job Functions
- The Lead IT Developer will gather the required information from vendors, recommending purchases, testing, and approving products.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions. Plan programming projects by confirming program objectives and specifications.
- Research and recommend system solutions by comparing the advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Arrange specifications by developing logical sequence, preparing flowcharts, and researching solutions. Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Prepare program specifications based on documented business requirements. Develop code specifications by converting logical sequence and workflow into program language. Verify coding by performing unit testing and trial runs.
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting, studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- May make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- The Lead IT Developer will mentor and provide direction to a team of developers as needed and may coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals as well as audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- May manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring, and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities. May audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Demonstrated customer-facing skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to business and technical audiences. Collaborates with Solution Architects and Business Analysts to extend the capabilities of the HighJump WMS platform.
- Provides technical leadership for the HighJump WMS Support team. Participate in design and code reviews of extensions and customizations of the HighJump WMS development framework. Participates and supports solution testing and deployment.
- Occasional Travel might require (Less than 10%) to meet business and senior leaders while kicking off and deploying major projects
- Bachelor / Associates degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, and/or Engineering with 10+ years of experience in Software development and services.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with relational databases such as MS SQL / Oracle etc. Experience with SQL tuning, writing, reading, and troubleshooting SQL queries
- Experience of at least 2 full cycle implementations of HighJump WMS
- 5-7 years of experience implementing Business Logic using Process objects in HighJump Architecture code. Experience with creating HighJump web pages using Page Editor (Report, Search, Add/Edit pages) including implementing workflow logic in the pages.
- 3-5 years of experience in the HighJump workspace performing Administration related tasks, such as Managing Users, Devices, and setting up Reports.
- Experience with enhancing and supporting HighJump WMS applications on the Cloud.
- Expertise in Software Design, Coding Standards, Code Reviews, Best practices.
- Strong consulting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- 3-5 years of experience in enhancing and supporting HighJump WMS application in a Retail Furniture based industry
- 5+ years of experience in Microsoft based technologies and software platforms such as C#, .NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET in Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012/2017/2019 With .NET Framework 3.5/4.0/4.5, LINQ
- 5-7 years of experience in creating web services, windows services, WCF, and REST-based services as needed for application projects.
- 5-7 years of experience in creating Stored Procedures, Views, Functions & jobs using Microsoft SQL server 2008/2012.
- 3-5 years of experience in enhancing and supporting HighJump WMS application in a high performing Agile team
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.