Cybersecurity Vulnerability Scanning - Team Lead ( R-00090676 )
Leidos Corporate Group is looking for a Cybersecurity Vulnerability Scanning - Team Lead to join and lead our corporate application and network scanning team.
- Identify gaps or vulnerabilities in computer applications or Leidos networks across the company, which includes managing and modifying applications or network security scan profile and scan policies as per the baseline standards.
- Work with POCs by providing timely reports, including advanced reporting using a SIEM.
- Set up scheduled and ad-hoc scans/reports, and configure, maintain, and use various information security assessment tools.
- Work with system, application, and network POCs on remediation guidance, to assist with staying in compliance with defined remediation timelines.
- Lead team projects and initiatives, directing and delegating tasks to Vulnerability Management team members
- Research, proposal, and proof of value (POV) of new Cybersecurity capabilities for the Vulnerability Management scanning team, provided business impact, cost, and expected Return on Investment (ROI)
- Experience with maintaining application, network, and database scanning infrastructure (application/product updates, database maintenance, benchmark/audit files, application/server builds, rule pack/content updates, scanner, or agent deployment etc.)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Platforms (Jenkins, Bamboo, Azure DevOPs, TFS, etc)
- Perform security analysis of the different layers of the systems (application database layers) by performing manual testing and automated system vulnerability assessment scans using various web, application, operating systems, and database vulnerability scanners.
- Perform vulnerability assessments and applications security testing on both native and web based mobile applications on different platforms.
- Review the systems security architecture and create security test plans based on existing and planned controls and recommendations.
- Engineer solutions; perform dynamic and static security testing as part of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Continuously monitor the published vulnerabilities for various applications, operating systems, and databases. Based on the publicly disclosed vulnerabilities determine the patching priority and notify the stakeholders. Review the applied patch by re-scanning the disclosed vulnerabilities. (Familiar with OWASP Top 10, etc.)
- Familiar with NIST 800-171, 800-172, NIST SSDF, and CMMC requirements.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of experience in cybersecurity. Additional years of relevant cybersecurity experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Developer experience is preferred in a least one scripting / programming language.
- Experience with reviewing cybersecurity vulnerabilities for risk and relevance as well as in vulnerability mitigations/remediation planning, for identified systems, network, application and database vulnerabilities
- Experience with DAST Scanning Tools (AppSpider, WebInspect, Burp Suite, AppScan, Netsparker, Acunetix, OWASP ZAP, etc).
- Experience with SAST Scanning Tools (Checkmarx, Fortify, Sonarqube, etc).
- Advanced knowledge using vulnerability scanning tools (Rapid7, Qualys, Tenable, etc.)
- Strong in-depth understanding of various common operating systems, like: Microsoft Windows, Linux/UNIX operating systems, MacOS, etc.
- Cybersecurity experience should include the following: reviewing cyber security vulnerabilities for risk and relevance and planning mitigations for systems vulnerabilities.
- Able to architect, design, troubleshoot, maintain, and deploy vulnerability scanning solutions.
- Experience with middleware / web technologies (apache, tomcat, IIS, etc)
- Experience with Databases (MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc)
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- US citizenship is required and must be able to obtain federal security clearance.
- Strong communication skills; able to successfully communicate with management personnel, technical personnel and third parties.
- Application development background preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of network devices and network security concepts.
- Understanding of compliance benchmarks, government regulations and frameworks (800-53, CIS, DISA, etc.)
- Strong communications skills.
- Basic knowledge of cloud and cloud security concepts.
- Ability to lead a team of engineers and analysts, coordinating and communicating project objectives and timelines to management and team members.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.