Sr. Director, Summit Supply Chain Lead
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
This role will be accountable for the end-to end management of supply chain operations at a commercial cell therapy manufacturing site located at Summit, NJ. The key responsibilities of this role include managing production planning and scheduling, materials planning and management (both for direct and indirect materials), overseeing 24/7 warehousing operations, execution of new product launches, and leadership of key capital and general improvement projects to enable to ramp up of capacity. This role will also be responsible for management of local supply planning processes, sustaining of core supply chain systems and master data, and maintaining compliant supply chain operations at site level.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Supply Chain, Life Sciences, Engineering
- Certification in CPIM, CSCP, and/or CLTD
- 15 years’ experience in operations, supply chain, manufacturing, ERP, digital/data technologies, quality, cell therapy or biopharma industry including
- 10 years Supply Chain support and 5 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- 5+ years of experience supporting ERP systems (preferably SAP S/4HANA).
- Ability to effectively communicate problem statements and viable solution options using pro vs. con and cost vs. benefit approaches
- Ability to present data and analyses in an organized, clear, and concise manner
- Ability to understand and solve complicated supply and demand problems
- Ability to lead both direct reports and cross-functional teams; strong situational leadership skills, ability to lead staff at all levels of the organization. Ability to coach, mentor, and develop staff
- Ability to distill complex information and tailor verbal and written communications in a concise, logical, and audience appropriate manner
- Direct experience with sales and operations planning processes and materials requirements planning
- Intermediate knowledge of cGMP/Pharmaceutical regulations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supply Planning accountability for Summit Cell Therapy
- Establish a well-designed integrated demand and supply plan from raw materials to final distribution
- Oversee the Raw Material procurement process, warehouse operations, and inbound and outbound logistics
- Mature functional vision and drive strategy development and deployment to ensure reliable, efficient, and effective supply
- Develop the Best Team: lead, coach, and mentor a high performing supply chain organization that is adaptable to meet the dynamic needs of the future and integrated with the broader BMS Cell Therapy network
- Builds positive working relationships across the network, can effectively motivate and influence cross-functional teams, partners, and executive management to resolve issues
- Champion quality, safety, and compliance culture; demonstrate critical thinking skills and high reliability mentality, ensure work is completed according to cGMP guidelines and BMS procedures
- Build Operational Excellence capabilities through training, and continuous improvement tools and events such as 5S assessment and Kaizen, applying boots on the ground and digitalization approaches
- Accountable for monitoring the performance of the supply chain organization and the manufacturing site with respect to local and integrated supply chain network objectives
- Accountable for developing functional objectives, long-range strategy and associated budgets in alignment with overall site and BMS goal.
- Maintain detailed site schedules for all site unit operations, incoming apheresis, manufacturing, cryo-storage, media, materials preparation and drug product pack out
- Understand impacts of demand on planning cycle looking forward
- Monitor product life cycles and alert appropriate team members to any actionable inventory requirements and disruption to supply
- Drive Materials Release process and be aware of all shortages.
- Plan & coordinate execution of product introductions and label/artwork changes
- Optimize internal capacity and capabilities to ensure clinical needs can be met
- Serve as single point of contact between Global Patient Operations, Global Supply Chain and site
- Manage 24/7 Warehousing operations across 3 warehouses on the Summit campus
- Own lifecycle process for master data management and ERP system enhancements at site level
- Manage book of work for new market product launches
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.