Associate Director, Patient Recruiting Lead
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Recruiting Lead will define the strategic vision for patient recruitment and promote awareness of the opportunity for patients/caretakers to share their voices and experiences. The Recruiting Lead will design and execute recruiting initiatives in support of launch, brand, and business priorities across the organization.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in exploring, identifying and implementing innovative new approaches to drive recruitment as part of the Patient Voice and Experience team and to ensure continuous identification of new patients to meet the increased demand for patient engagement across the organization.
This position is based in Lawrenceville, NJ. at the Princeton Pike office complex. Minimum travel required.
- Develop brand/indication-level recruitment plans and partner with Medical, R&D, US and global advocacy teams, clinical operations, and the sales/marketing organization, to ensure BMS has a continuous network of patients to engage
- Regularly liaise with Patient Voice Leads to understand recruiting needs/organizational priorities and provide a centralized, transparent team view of recruiting activity
- Create successful alignment with internal teams, and external partners; ensuring clear and timely communications and follow-through, effectively managing expectations and deliverables regarding recruitment timelines
- Identify strategic opportunities to improve the recruiting capability within the PV&E team and in cooperation with other organizations
- Maintain recruiting content on PV&E recruiting web pages to ensure accuracy and relevance, while establishing media plans to drive greater external awareness
- Collaborate with medical, legal, and regulatory to ensure that recruitment protocols and communications are within current compliance guidelines and data privacy laws
- Identify and manage external agencies as strategic partners to assist in recruitment initiatives
- Conduct patient interviews for patients who have expressed interest in working with the PV&E team
- Coach and mentor the Sr. Manager, Recruiting to ensure effective execution of the recruiting and patient onboarding processes
- Develop and maintain therapeutic area knowledge and expertise
- Leverage data to determine the effectiveness of tactics utilized. Communicate critical findings to leadership in a timely manner and make recommendations for ongoing efforts or potential mitigation
- Connect and facilitate interviews with patients, obtaining an unfiltered view into the patient journey
- Enhance therapeutic area knowledge and learning across all products, brands and indications
- Create a strategic roadmap and vision in an undefined space
- Advocate and develop recruiting processes, launch new websites and drive other recruitment capabilities and tactics across the organization
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degrees (MBA or other masters, PharmD) are a plus
- Accomplished professional with a minimum of 8 years of experience in scientific, medical, brand, or commercial operations
- To be successful, the individual must possess a passion for our patients, and have a demonstrated ability to engage quickly, while building trust to allow our patients to feel comfortable during an interview
- S/he should be highly organized and have a proven record of accomplishment in project management, managing multiple priorities delivering on commitments
- The successful candidate must have a “can-do” attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify potential project-related risks and solutions and collaborate with teams to engage in contingency planning to recommend solutions
- A strong analytical skillset will assist in assessing program metrics and effectiveness
- Effective communication, facilitation and stakeholder management skills, including to senior leadership
- Viewed as a trusted advisor and develops diverse business relationships and teams
- Demonstrated success working in a matrix environment and developing effective relationships with business and functional partners at all levels of the organization
- Develop the ability to effectively communicate, impact, and influence various levels of management/staff within BMS
- Regularly communicate to senior leadership in Sales, Medical and R&D teams
- Development alignment and support from key leadership stakeholders in order to execute key recruitment initiatives
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.