Senior SAP Functional Lead
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
In the context of Order to Cash (O2C) and Supply Chain business processes on SAP, you will:
- Engage with the business stakeholders to understand the business needs in non-technical terms.
- Map the business needs to a High Level Architectural (HLA) design that accounts for the end-to-end business process, not only as it relates to SAP but also to non- SAP upstream and downstream integration points.
- Use the HLA to assess impacts of the business needs to specific functional areas within SAP. Extend that impact assessment to the SAP WRICEF level.
- Lead the functional design in collaboration with other members of the functional team.
- Contribute to the creation of functional specification documents. Perform configuration activities to fulfil the business needs. Partner with technical teams (middleware, ABAP and basis) as needed to complete development.
- Perform testing of the solution as well as lead the functional testing of the solution. Partner with the business teams to perform UAT and coordinate the implementation activities.
The O2C process at Verizon consists of services based business as well an equipment + Services based business. As part of a transformation initiative, these processes need to be significantly revamped and an updated design implemented on the SAP S/4 HANA platform.
- The incumbent in this role will lead discussions with the business on identifying and defining in specific business terms what those improvements are.
- Partner with other members of the IT team and vendor resources to evaluate technical options based on SAP technology to address the business needs in the most optimum fashion.
- Transform into a HLA which will be deemed final one the business stakeholders as well as other IT teams have reviewed and approved. The HLA will drive the estimation of the work, identifying specific development needed, and delivery timelines.
This is a senior role within the SAP functional team, and will be required to contribute to the architectural forums related to the SAP landscape at Verizon. An end to end architectural expertise on SAP is a requirement. The ability to analyze new SAP product capabilities and how they can benefit business outcomes is a key requirement.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
Expert-level proficiency in the end-to-end Order to Cash and Procurement functions on the SAP Platform. Experience in product and services based business processes is required. This experience should include the creation of an order on SAP, initiating the related procurement processes, confirming delivery and provisioning services for a customer along with all underlying details of these processes. Expertise on the SAP Hybris/BRIM platform is required.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience as an SAP Techno-Functional expert.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/
- Direct experience as an SAP Techno-Functional expert.
- Detailed and in-depth knowledge of the end-to-end Order to Cash and Supply Chain Management process on SAP with significant and demonstrable knowledge of the details of the business process and related system configuration - SAP SD, MM, Procurement, 3PL integration, Project Systems, Billing, Revenue Recognition, SAP SOM , CC, CI, FI-CA, (RAR is preferred).
- Knowledge across all other ERP functional areas including as FI/GL. FI-AP, AR, Fixed Assets, etc.
- The ability to understand business processes and map the process onto the SAP platform across all functional areas.
- Detailed understanding of integration mechanisms between SAP and non-SAP systems.
- The ability to perform the detailed functional analysis that defines the gap between business needs and SAP delivered functionality.
- The ability to design custom solutions where appropriate.
- Experience and ability to develop detailed functional specification documents , partner with developers, middleware and basis in the development of the solution.
- The ability to lead a sub team of functional experts in developing solutions. This will include guiding the team in assessing development needs, making development assignments, and coordinating project activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to identify key stakeholders and develop strong working relationships.
- Leadership abilities to professionally navigate contention and conflict.
- The ability to drive the design of the O2C and procurement related functions in the migration of legacy SAP ECC instances to the directional SAP S/4 platforms.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.