Informatica ETL Developer/Lead-- Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Use Informatica PowerCenter to Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) source data from agency sources, applying numerous transformations to the data that are required, applying corrections to the source files and the addition to the EDW of any new fields requested via the change request process
- Automate the staging of data by scheduling scripts to run at optimal times enhancing overall system performance and efficiency
- Create, maintain, and support an ETL/Informatica architectural and system environment for development and production
- Perform domain/repository backups and recovery operations
- Implement ETL jobs by creating mappings, mapplets, sessions, and workflows
- Working with different ETL transformations including Aggregator, Expression, Filter, Router, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Rank and Source Qualifier, Lookup, and Sorter
- Schedule and monitor ETL/Informatica jobs in a development, system testing, and production environment
- Develop proactive processes for monitoring capacity and performance tuning
- Support and advising the development teams on technical issues
- Troubleshoot production support issues post release deployment and come up with solutions
- Develop and maintain complex SQL queries and/or scripts used to create data marts in Teradata
- Participate in project discussions to document and recommend alternative technical solutions or requirements
- Participate in unit, integration, and system testing
- Maintain effective communication and relationships with all individuals involved with the project
- Learn new technologies as needed to be able to perform job duties effectively
- Provide status progress and meeting deliverables to the Optum’s leadership and to Optum’s customer
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelors or Advanced Degree in a related field such as Information Technology/Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Analytics, Business Technology
- 5+ years of Informatica PowerCenter / ETL experience
- 5+ years of complex SQL and Performance Tuning experience
- 2+ years of ETL / Informatica PowerCenter administrative experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- ETL/Informatica or SQL or BI or Teradata Certification
- 5+ years of Data Warehouse experience
- 2+ years of Teradata Version 14+ years of experience including Teradata Utilities
- 1+ years of experience leading ETL Development projects
- Experience in Reporting/Analytics tool shall be a plus (SAP BO, Tableau, SAS, PowerBI)
- Experience in Windows, Unix/Linux scripting, R, or Python
- Experience in COBOL, CICS/JCL
- Experience in Informatica Data Quality (IDQ), Address Doctor, Metadata Manager
- Experience with State Medicaid / Medicare / Healthcare applications
- Experience with Data Warehouse technologies within the domain of ETL/data integration, Business Intelligence, relational and multi-dimensional database systems
- Adapting to the team and organizational culture
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, end-client facing, team collaboration, and mentoring skills
- Solid organization skills and ability to set priorities and schedule work deadlines
- Located in Springfield, IL
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.