As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.Your Role and Responsibilities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Functional Analyst - Senior: Ten (10) or more years of SAP experience. Experience leading teams over multiple full development life cycles. Possesses Subject Matter Expert (SME) experience in the functional/module areas, strong MM, SD, IM and APO experience required for this role. Knowledge of and experience with DoD and specifically Navy ERP preferred but not required. Requires strong organization and communication skills. Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes
affecting short-term project growth and success.
This position is expected to provide expert level business process guidance on SAP requirements and design and audit readiness for SAP MM. SD, IM and APO modules. This position requires experience in leading workshops, designing/ configuring business processes in SAP, and testing and deploying solutions in support of TDL development.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
This position requires experience in designing/configuring business processes in SAP:
• MM and SD - procure goods and services by converting a buy-repair plan, sales order, or third-party request to a purchase request (PR) within SAP; process and convert PRs to purchase orders through commercial contracting, purchase card, MILSTRIP for Navy/DLA purchase, or buyer funding document sent to another government agency; record obligations; and process invoices. Must have experience working with FI and SD modules to integrate functionality as well as experience assisting with the interface designs to communicate with external vendors (i.e.DAAS, ITIMP).
• MM - manage and record inventory and goods movements including storage of material, physical inventory, carcass tracking and reconciliation analysis of stock in transit, MRL and MRIL data, and goods receipt and verification against purchase orders and inbound deliveries. Experience working with hazardous material is a plus.
• APO to execute demand forecasting and supply planning to drive recommendations for
buy-repair plans, disposals, and redistribution of assets from one stock location to another.
Knowledge of allowancing processes needed. Must have experience assisting with the developing external interfaces.
Experience in software development lifecycle surrounding requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, documentation, test (unit, functional, integration, regression, stress, and user acceptance), implementation, and post-production support of standard and custom business solutions. Experience working with Data Archiving is preferred.
Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments and supervise others.
- Expertise in SAP and business requirement development and documentation.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with IBMs contract, proposal, and Navy TDL processes.
- Solid understanding of Navy ERP solution and IBM portfolio of contracts.
- Federal experience required (DoD experience preferred).
- Must have working knowledge of the MS office suite.
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program. Eligible employees may have access to:
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.