SAP Controlling (CO) Functional Team Lead
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Serves as Lead to provide expert level business process guidance on SAP requirements and design. Responsible for designing/configuring business processes in SAP. Requires strong organization and communication skills and knowledge of SAP functional areas. Provides functional subject matter expertise in areas such as financial management, inventory management, supply planning, provisioning, maintenance, transportation, and personnel. Introduces innovative approaches and methodologies for processes and support systems. May provide leadership to large teams of functional or technical personnel.
This position requires experience in designing/configuring business processes in SAP CO to manage the Navy's flow of cost and revenue including assignment and management of cost and activity planning functions, assignment, and management of overhead allocation functions; view actual costs by cost object (cost center, internal order, WBS, etc.); view/manage variances between planned cost and actual cost; generation of government reports such as DONIBIS and SSR.
Lead the SAP implementation and post-production tasks, support functionality design, planning and implementation.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 10 years of SAP enterprise COTS implementation, 5 years in multiple disciplines and post production support experience, 5 years of Navy ERP specific experience. Possesses Subject Matter Expert (SME) experience in SAP CO or more functional/module areas,
- Demonstrated experience presenting briefing to senior customer management and customer stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience serving as a program or project manager leading and supervising a multidisciplinarystaff of various levels.
- Demonstrated the ability in the application of functional and technical expertise to improve the performance of the business; resolution of functional and technical integration issues across SAP modules.- Familiar with Navy and/or DoD IT architectures.
- Active Secret Clearance (must be clearable)
Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree in a recognized technical, engineering, scientific, managerial, business, or other discipline related to area of expertise. An additional four (4) years of relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelors Degree.
Security Clearance: Clearable to Secret Must not have dual citizenship
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years CO experience
- Experience in post go-live production support and break/fix
- Focus on customer service and responsiveness, with sound customer handling skills
- Federal DoD experience – Navy ERP experience preferred
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBM