Mechanical Engineering Lead
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Based at our office in Pune
Are you looking for a Mechanical Engineer looking to lead a team in the Design, Analysis and progress of Automation Projects?
Do you have strong knowledge of Catia or Solidworks, AutoCad and Inventor, designing Automotive Tooling or Mechanical Handling equipment?
As a Mechanical Engineering Lead in Leidos’ Pune office, you lead a Mechanical Engineering team designing automation solutions and tooling for major automotive manufacturers.
As part of this role, you will;
- Agree project timings and priorities with the Engineering Manager and schedule projects/resource to meet deadlines.
- Review and manage engineering project progress regularly.
- Produce regular progress reports as required by Engineering Manager / Technical Lead.
- Produce scheme drawings and layouts for evaluation against customer specifications.
- Produce detailed mechanical manufacturing drawings.
- Evaluate basic designs through power and stress calculations, and for cost effectiveness and ease of manufacture and maintenance.
- Complete stress analysis (FEA), design risk assessments (DRA), and failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA).
- Identify and communicate any engineering constraints/issues to Engineering Manager / Technical Lead.
- Attend regular project and design reviews and provide feedback on timings and completion of work to the projects team.
- Identify and highlight areas where additional support may be required to ensure timely and accurate completion of work.
- Provide engineering support during manufacture and installation as required.
Leidos is a truly global business, supplying several industries from Automotive manufacturing, airport security and detection equipment to energy. From our site in Wickford (Essex) and our office in Pune, we design and manufacture a number of parts, jigs and fixtures which are used in car manufacturing and automation projects.
Ideally Degree qualified in a Mechanical Engineering subject (other qualifications will be considered).
Proficient in the use of CAD software - SolidWorks, Catia or Inventor.
Proven experience in Automotive Tooling or Mechanical Handling.
Experience with Manufacturing Automation methods and processes.
Understanding of project costs - design, management, manufacture, installation
Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
Ideally some experience with finite element analysis (FEA) and simulation tools.
Experience in leading an engineering design team.
There may be the odd occasion where you need to visit customers or suppliers.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.