Co-Op: Progressive Stamping Lead - Carol Stream, IL
Eaton’s IS VEH Power Connections division is currently seeking a Progressive Stamping Lead Co-op.
What you’ll do:
Throughout the training cycle, this program provides participants with meaningful projects where individual efforts and contributions are critical. Participants will receive multiple opportunities for formal training, networking, and assignment coaching in addition to receiving ongoing formal feedback in order to evaluate personal progress and identify development opportunities.
In this role you will:
• Have an understanding of die sensors, basic blueprint reading, punch press and progressive dies
• Working with various departments (QC, Tool Room, CI, etc.)
• Responsible for contributing to site’s High-5 Metrics and following 5S• Basic comprehension of automation process machines including robotic parts handling, assembly processes and vision inspection of small to mid-sized metal and plastic components.
• Participate and support continuous improvement initiatives, projects, and events
• Support equipment modifications to improve productivity and product quality.
• Act as resource for operational departments for materials, equipment and process upgrades.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited university or trade school
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher (please don't round).
• Relocation is not provided for this role, the candidate must be located within 50 miles of Carol Stream, IL.
• 3rd or 4th year Undergraduate student
• Manufacturing experience (4-5 years)
• Self-motivated with good communication skills
• Emphasis on a standard work
• Strong organizational skills
• Basic problem solving skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.