NetOps Lead ( R-00054668 )
The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a NetOps Specialist to support efforts for the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) portion of the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract located in Yokosuka, Japan.
SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy, by delivering the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net); inclusive of cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The NetOps Specialist is responsible for operating and maintaining the infrastructure and network.
This includes responding appropriately to alerts and events and responding to incidents from triage through resolution, including escalations, where appropriate.
- Conduct infrastructure repairs, including directing remote activities to maintain operational effectiveness for services.
- Provide root cause analysis documentation in accordance with Government procedures.
- Provide data center support where appropriate.
- Document daily shift activities in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues.
- Provide incident notification to Government representatives.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of Network Operations,
- Work with Cyber Security analysts to ensure Enterprise information flow is secure
- Ensure effective and efficient operation of network systems, architecture and topology
- Monitor to ensure all operating systems are functioning properly and conform to operation security policies and procedures
- Receive and analyze network alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts. Track and document incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
- Assist with the development and application of business processes to ensure appropriate service levels
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes for the Network Operations Center
- Participate in strategic network and operations planning
- Work within the DevSecOps methodology to plan and support implementation of new technologies
- Prepare recommendations for resolutions to NetOps challenges based on monitoring results, tools analysis, and/or forensics
- Assist the Cyber Team employ approved defense-in-depth principles and practices (e.g., defense-in-multiple places, layered defenses, and security robustness).
- Assist with the collection of intrusion artifacts (e.g., source code, malware, and trojans) and use discovered data to enable mitigation of potential computer network defense (CND) incidents within the enterprise.
- HS Diploma and 6 years of directly related work experience in the Information Technology field
- US Citizen and DoD Secret Clearance
- Possess a current Information Assurance Technician (IAT) II certification (ex. CompTIA Security+ certification)
- Must possess at least one of the following certifications: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft OS Certification (MTA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, etc.)
- Hands-on Experience in working with DoD networks, including NIPR and SIPR
- Willing to perform shift work
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise networking technologies and data centers
- Top Secret Clearance
- Ability to manage globally distributed 24x7 operations to include short-notice travel in response to emerging operational issues
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings