SOX Compliance Lead ( R-00060549-OTHLOC-PL-2D2761 )
Leidos is seeking a SOX Compliance Lead to join our team of financial professionals. In this role, you will be responsible for reviewing SOX narratives, process flow charts and design of controls, including walkthroughs. You will work with process and control owners to assess all control deficiencies considering consistency and aggregation across Leidos, and ensure deficiencies are satisfactorily remediated in a timely manner. You will assist with the SOX integration for acquired entities, as applicable. You will assistant in the management of our enterprise internal control environment, including performing and maintaining annual top-down risk assessments.
This position can be supported from Reston - VA, Tucson - AZ, or Oak Ridge - TN with occasional telecommute allowed.
- Lead and/or participate conduct Sarbanes-Oxley Reviews, and other operational / compliance.
- Identify key Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) risks and mitigation strategies.
- Evaluate processes and controls and draft management comments and recommendations. Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Design controls for new/changes to business processes, systems, and accounting pronouncements. Evaluate control evidence for sufficiency, completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare/update SOX process flow charts and narratives.
- Evaluate control deficiencies and track remediation to completion.
- Perform special projects related to department administration, financial analysis, policies and procedures, accounting thresholds, etc.
- Use time wisely by prioritizing tasks according to risk and demonstrate ability to manage time, working independently, and facilitating a team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and minimum of 4 years of experience including at least 2 years’ experience with a public accounting firm;
- CPA with an active license in good standing
- Effective oral and written communication skills are also required to allow the candidate to effectively interact with various levels of management and members of Leidos’ operating organizations
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset, and possess assessment and process-oriented background with ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
- Desired Qualifications: - Experience with financial statement audits a plus
- Experience auditing large government contracting corporations a plus
- Experience in Deltek CostPoint, Workday, Hyperion, and data analytics software such as IDEA or ACL would be considered pluses