Lead Software Developer ( 585005-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Engineer Consultant-Software Development position is a lead technical architect/developer who will support development activities for the VISION 2.0 Bill Calc Application. You will be responsible for the analysis, design, coding, testing, and troubleshooting of simple to complex VISION 2.0 billing projects. You will also be required to lead small to medium-sized projects that would require coordination with team members within and outside the Bill Calc organization. You will use functional expertise to act as an advisor to management and make recommendations on more complex projects. You will use professional concepts and company policies & procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems creatively and practically.
- Lead technical architect/developer responsible for the analysis, design, coding, testing, and troubleshooting of simple to complex VISION 2.0 Billing engine tasks.
- Provide analysis, architectural decisions, high-level design, andproviding technical and functional support during all phases of the software development cycle.
- Support production, testing, and development environment to troubleshoot the defect tickets from JIRA.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to the problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatic testing tools.
- Work as part of our team, to help define the tools, processes, and methods and develop systems that will utilize private and public clouds.
This role will be based out of one of the locations listed in the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in C, Shell Scripting development on Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience with cloud-based architecture and development
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of Wireless Billing and Finance systems.
- Experience optimizing processes and/or systems.
- Experience in Perl, Python languages.
- Knowledge of database design and database concepts.
- Knowledge of application design principles, practices, and software life cycles.
- Advanced knowledge of object-oriented design.
- Problem-solving skills to address development and production issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).