Lead developer - Java ( 589295-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a Senior Java developer who will be responsible for the delivery of critical Product Catalog Transformation for Verizon wireless and Fios.
- Work with stakeholder groups to deliver business-critical projects with high quality on time and within budget.
- Work with a global team of diverse talent and with other team members within the organization and deliver the programs.
- Ensure the Catalog platform is delivered along with the business needs while providing best in class customer experience.
- Oversee all aspects of the development process, ensuring the development activities are carried out according to the highest industry standards.
- Continuously improve the agile development process, with an emphasis on automation, reuse and increased productivity.
- Interface with various internal and external systems and stakeholders. Ensure that the technical solution is in line with the business requirement and technical standards.
- Work to support a diverse range of complex initiatives both in development as well as production and regularly lead multiple, technically complex, large-scale projects.
- Train newteam members and onboardthem to the Catalog platform helping create a center of excellence.
This role will be based out of one of the locations listed in the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Java and Java enterprise technologies.
- Experience with Java Micro services with spring boot framework.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Experience implementing large scale, highly available Java applications using AWS cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of Rest API services, XML, JSON, swagger etc.
- Knowledge of Spring reactive framework /Spring Webflux.
- DevOps, experience with CICD.
- TMForum SID model expert.
- Experience withdata governance.
- Experience withCassandra database and Couchbase.
- Experience withSearch applications like ElasticSearch and Fusion.
- Additionally ETL tools like Informatica.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).