Linux Systems Administrator ( R-00084452 )
The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Linux Systems Administrator for the Global Solutions Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). This role is primarily remote, but candidates must be within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL, Ft. Meade, MD, or Ogden, UT for on-site support.
- Work independently to ensure the reliability, availability and security of the solution by proactively monitoring the system, troubleshooting, and resolving issues to ensure high availability and continuity of operations.
- Maintain configuration management and baseline control of development, test, pre-production and production environments.
- Conduct regular security scans, analyze results and implement resolutions including testing of new hardware and software and ensure compliance with DISA STIGs.
- Operate and maintain the solution, including patching of operating systems and COTS/FOSS/GOTS applications.
- Perform and test regular backups.
- Monitor and tune system and network performance, including RHEL and VMWare systems, for optimal system availability.
- Configure, manage and maintain components of the solution (application servers, load balancers, databases, operating systems, etc.)
- Deploy systems in the Lab environment, integrate with other systems, perform testing and validation.
- Manage, track and maintain configuration items including licenses, SSL certificates and the hardware/software baseline.
- Support baseline deployments, upgrades and updates to the production environment including the installation and configuration of new software and hardware.
- Lead planning and migration of infrastructure and applications from the Data Center environment to the AWS cloud.
- Keep pace with advances in system and application software and technologies (e.g. virtualization, containerization, cloud computing, zero trust) and inject this knowledge into day to day processes
- Create, maintain and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Perform trend analysis on component failures, network/node outages, and system performance parameters.
- Interact with software and hardware vendors to evaluate vendor products and make recommendations to purchase hardware and software.
- Work with network engineers and developers to troubleshoot environment issues as necessary.
- Escalate support issues to vendors as necessary and coordinate resolution.
- Manage access including creation and management of user and service accounts.
- Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule, also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline and 2+ years of relevant experience; Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active Secret with SSBI or Top Secret security clearance.
- Ability to obtain Security+ certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II certification within 60 days of start date.
- Experience installing, managing and maintaining RHEL 7 Linux servers in a production environment
- Experience troubleshooting and managing virtualized infrastructure in an VMware ESXi environment.
- Experience installing, configuring, securing, deploying, managing, monitoring and maintaining a variety of complex software products across multiple environments.
- Experience with scripting in Bash and experience in other languages such as Perl or Python
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Application and configuration of security settings and other IA best practices, such as those as required by DISA STIGs and SRGs
- Experience supporting, installing and configuring enclave Ethernet switches, storage area networks (SAN), and network attached storage (NAS).
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)/Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC)
- Experience managing HPE integrated BladeSystem enclosures, including Onboard Administrator, iLO and interconnect modules
- Experience managing and using Ansible automation tools
- Knowledge of Git and the Git version control model
- Understanding of PostgreSQL, including monitoring, managing and maintaining replicated databases
- Experience supporting, installing and configuring enclave Fiber/Ethernet switches, HPE storage area networks (SAN)/ network attached storage (NAS)
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy and/or Atlassian JIRA
- Experience administering and configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 or higher