Linux Systems Administrator ( R-00089793 )
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is looking to fill a Linux Administrator position within the Analysis Solutions Division (ASD) to support the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). This role requires an individual that has technical experience with administering Linux servers within a within a physical and virtual environment. This individual should be detail oriented in order to capture customer inquiries appropriately. This role is responsible for interacting with other administrators to handle service inquiries and problems. Duties include examining customer problems and suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return to service. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence and analyzes existing infrastructure for tuning/performance enhancements. The individual will provide systems and software operations and maintenance support in a large, multi-enclave enterprise environment. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers. Individuals in this role may be required to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions on customer servers. The Customer utilizes an Agile Framework to plan and successfully complete all initiatives.
The work location is in Bethesda at the Intelligence Community Campus.
- Provide technical support, administration, and monitoring of Linux systems within a physical and virtual environment.
- Provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems from enterprise-wide application/system problems.
- Support operations, maintenance and troubleshooting for end user workstations, to include desktop applications
- Coordinate with customers and stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement to support effective and efficient operations
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for Root Cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment and be able to provide on-call support during outages occurring after hours; may involve shift work.
- Update operations and monitoring documentation for 24/7/365 Operations Watch personnel.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of relevant experience, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Background in Linux or UNIX server setup, deployment and maintenance
- Experience with hardening Linux environments
- Experience with system administration of server operating systems such as Linux (CentOS, RHEL, or Ubuntu)
- Familiarity with supporting virtual desktops running Linux, Microsoft Windows, and/or MacOS
- Experience with Scripting/Automation through Linux Shell scripts, PowerShell, PowerCLI, or other scripting languages
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
- Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
- Experience with server patch management methodologies
- Time management skills with the ability to work within an IT Service Management/ticketing system independently
- Ability to triage and properly classify incidents and prioritize work efforts accordingly
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP along with an appropriate computing environment (CE) certification)
- TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Knowledge of AWS or Azure cloud services and the cloud ecosystem.
- Experience operating and maintaining systems in a Windows environment
- Certification relating to VMware (VCA/VCP)
- Experience with SAN or network storage setup and administration
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) concepts and solutions
- Experience with troubleshooting within a security environment
- Experience with backup and restore procedures
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.