Sr. Linux Administrator
Leidos is seeking a Sr. Linux Administrator who's duties include examining highly complex customer problems and suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence. Individuals in this role may be required to remotely log into the end users' endpoint (desktops and/or servers with Windows or Linux OS) in order to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions. The Linux Administrator performs System Administration tasks on a customer’s system that supports mission needs and coordination requirements. This individual will work in a team environment and coordinate with appropriate elements to effectively meet design, development, deployment, and monitoring/securing objectives.
- Design, build and deploy applications in a hardened enterprise Linux environment.
- Review and compare multiple platform options for applications and collaborating with specific teams to choose an appropriate platform.
- Design and implement a tool set that simplify provisioning and support of a large enterprise Linux environment.
- Plan, configure and implement features on the Linux platform that enhance availability, response time, and monitoring of key system metrics.
- PKI management using OpenSSL
- Strong foundation of knowledge around AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem. (Cisco UCS, Splunk, Solarwinds, elastic search, dhcp, ldap)
- Subject matter expert with Linux (RHEL)/CentOS
- Experience setting up and modifying system monitoring with Nagios
- Scripting language experience
- Strong background in Linus or UNIX server setup, deployment and maintenance
- In-depth experience coding and developing automation scripts (C, Java, Python, and C++)
- Significant experience examining error logs, systems performance data
- Familiar with best practices and techniques to maintain and enhance information security
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s Degree with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience. Will consider work experience in lieu of a degree.
- The candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
Preferred scripting in Bash, Perl, or Python
NSORCTPay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.