Sr. Security Enhanced Linux RHEL Administrator/Engineer
Seeking a career with a sense of purpose, work life balance, and growth opportunities? There’s a place for you at Leidos! At Leidos, we are committed to making the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. You would be a valued member of global team providing services across civil, defense, health and intelligence business lines. At Leidos, team member career development, flexibility, and well-being are priority and is supported by consistent leadership engagement, an experienced human relations staff, and numerous employee support programs.
Use your unique talents and make an immediate impact…
The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group is seeking an experienced Security Enhanced Linux RHEL Administrator/Engineer Senior to support the Compartmented Enterprise Services Office (CESO) Task Order for the GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This person should be a seasoned, self-motivated, professional with at least 10 years of hands-on engineering and administration experience in virtualized desktop environments support the federal government. A professional experienced in RHEL environment that has utilized Security Enhanced Linux, or an engineer/administrator capable of very quickly adapting to that environment.
With the CESO program, the Defense Information System Agency (DISA) is looking to transform the existing Secure Web Services (SWS) environment, used to provide secure information sharing to the community, into a more mature service offering to meet the DoD and IC community. As part of this task order, Leidos will manage the commercial cloud migration and disestablishment of VSD and CIS, fully automate the continuous development & continuous integration environment, fourth estate consolidation, professionalize services – ITIL/DevSecOps based processes, improve the customer experience 1st call resolution, and achieve development of a service catalog for Defense Working Capital Fund (DWCF) Model.
The Task Order is expected to be awarded by 8/1/2022.
- Provide Security Enhanced Linux RHEL Subject Matter Expertise/Administration to the system operation and administration services including configuration management, knowledge management, initial operational capability (IOC) operations & administration, final operational capability (FOC) operations & administration,
- Provide application & database management services in support of software build and deployment and identity and access management (IdAM)
- Create implementation plan outlining the scope, approach, and execution for all application deployments
- Perform data migration from existing systems to new systems
- Sustain and maintain a production database environment, a replica test database environment, and an unclassified but similar database environment
- Coordinate and assist with deployment and support activities
- Develop data migration plans and scripts
- Provide training related to the implementation of enhanced and/or new products
- Candidate must possess an active DOD Top Secret level security clearance, and be eligible to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI. May be required to obtain CI Poly in future.
- BS and 10+ years of hands-on engineering and administration experience in virtualized desktop environments; add'l experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- IAT Level II Baseline Certification (e.g. CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
- Ability to obtain an Amazon System Operations certification or Amazon Developer certification within 120 days
- Works independently or as part of a team
- Communicates with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, technical leaders, etc)
- Experience working in a high op-temp, top secret environment
- Prior experienced with DISA and DISA’s support to mission partners
#tn15Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.