Amentum is currently seeking a Linux Administrator to support an IT Managed Services program in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations, for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems.
You will be a part of a team that is responsible for the design, acquisition, deployment, and operations of large-scale High Performance Computing Clusters. The team builds and maintains user environments, delivers subject-matter expert support, and application-level software and tools to the scientific and engineering communities.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Monitor the state of the HPC clusters and supporting storage systems using software utilities, shell scripts, and command line interfaces.
- Work with HPC team in the delivery and deployment of clusters and storage systems, including shipping and receiving.
- Rack and cable servers and storage systems using HPC SME’s diagrams and spreadsheets.
- Perform Linux Administration duties, including installations and patching of Linux operating systems.
- Troubleshoot, identify and replace failed hardware, implement parts replacement through the RMA process, and work with HPC hardware SME’s to resolve system issues.
- Perform installations and patching of Linux operating systems.
- U.S. Citizenship required; must not possess dual citizenship with any other country other than the United States.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of experience OR an Associates Degree and 8 years of experience OR High School Diploma / GED and 12 years of experience.
- Must be able to obtain a TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q clearance and maintain it for the life of the contract.
- Proven track record of problem-solving using strong critical thinking, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently.
- Minimum four years’ experience with Linux (RedHat or Ubuntu) and are capable of OS installation, network configuration, and package/patch management.
- Working knowledge and experience with bash shell scripting and other languages (Python, Perl, or Ruby).
- Experience with Ansible.
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as an active contributor.
- Strong verbal and written customer service and communications skills.
- Knowledge of, and desire to follow, IT Operations best practices and procedures such as issue management and incident response.
- Familiar with information security best practices.