Senior Linux Administrator
Amentum is currently seeking a Senior Linux Administrator to support an IT Managed Services program in Livermore, California. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations, for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems.
You will be a part of a team delivering system administration and IT support for classified desktop systems and all Linux/UNIX operating systems.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Provide exceptional technical and troubleshooting skills with computer hardware, operating systems, and productivity software.
- Script for administrative tasks (Python, Shell, Perl, etc.).
- Analyze and develop systems in the context of changing technologies.
- U.S. Citizenship required; must not possess dual citizenship with any other country other than the United States.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years of experience OR an Associates Degree and 11 years of experience OR High School Diploma / GED and 15 years of experience.
- Must be able to obtain a TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q clearance and maintain it for the life of the contract.
- Strong interpersonal and documentation skills and the ability to work well individually and in a team environment.
- Experience in VMware Esxi.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines on a variety of activities.
- Ability to create dynamic solutions in undocumented or unforeseen situations.
- Willingness to learn and continually upgrade skills.