Senior Linux Administrator
Amentum is currently seeking a Senior Linux Administrator to support an IT Managed Services program for a major national laboratory in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations, for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems.
You will be a part of a team which provides computing capabilities and in-depth support for scientific and engineering applications. The team builds and maintains user environments, delivers subject matter expert support, and application-level software and tools to the scientific and engineering communities. To be successful in this role, you will need an extensive background in Linux server administration and issue resolution along with strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Perform Linux Administration duties.
- Perform installations and patching of Linux operating systems.
- Assist customers with the installation and updates of applications.
- Install software and troubleshoot software install issues.
- Monitor systems and preform hardware troubleshooting, tracking, resolution, and routine maintenance and security updates.
- Perform system backups and provide data recovery.
- U.S. Citizenship required; must not possess dual citizenship with any other country other than the United States.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of experience OR an Associates Degree and 6 years of experience OR High School Diploma / GED and 10 years of experience.
- Must be able to obtain a TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q clearance and maintain it for the life of the contract.
- Minimum two years’ experience with Linux (RedHat or Ubuntu) and are capable of OS installation, network configuration, and package/patch management.
- Working knowledge and experience with bash shell scripting and other languages (Python, Perl, or Ruby).
- Experience performing installations/patching of operating system, software installation, and system backups - data recovery.
- Knowledge of, and desire to follow IT Operations best practices and procedures such as issue management and incident response.
- Experience monitoring systems, hardware troubleshooting, tracking, resolution, and routine maintenance with security updates (i.e. STIGS/Security).