Junior Linux Administrator
Amentum is currently seeking a Junior Linux Administrator to support an IT Managed Services program in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations, for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems.
You will be a part of a team providing computing capabilities and in-depth support for scientific and engineering applications. The team builds and maintains user environments, delivers subject-matter expert support, and application-level software and tools to the scientific and engineering communities.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Perform Linux Administration duties.
- Assist with the daily activities of configuration and operation of systems which may be mainframe, mini, or client/server based.
- Assist with the optimizing of system operation and resource utilization and perform system capacity analysis and planning.
- Help users in accessing and using business systems.
- U.S. Citizenship required; must not possess dual citizenship with any other country other than the United States.
- Must have a High School Diploma / GED and 2 years of experience.
- Must be able to obtain a TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q clearance and maintain it for the life of the contract.
- Minimum two years’ experience with Linux administration and troubleshooting.
- Proven track record of problem-solving using strong critical thinking, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently.
- Minimum two years’ experience with Linux (RedHat or Ubuntu) and are capable of OS installation, network configuration, and package/patch management.
- Working knowledge and experience with bash shell scripting. Experience with other languages, Python/Perl/Ruby, is a plus.
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as an active contributor.
- Strong verbal and written customer service and communications skills.
- Knowledge of, and desire to follow IT Operations best practices and procedures such as issue management and incident response.
- Familiar with information security best practices.
- Experience writing documentation for internal processes and customer facing products and services.