Linux Systems Administrator
This is an exciting opportunity to be an active member of the NASA Advanced Enterprise Global Information Technology Solutions (AEGIS) contract system administration team, supporting OCIO and research computing systems at NASA Langley Research Center. The position includes end user system support and server support for the Media Solutions Branch, Configuration Aerodynamics Branch and Advanced Materials Processing Branch.
- End user support of Mac and Windows workstations.
- Installation of complex scientific software packages.
- Proactively monitor, analyze, and correct system issues.
- Maintaining system backups.
- Resolving system security issues – including patching, risk analysis and security plans.
- Assist with monitoring and management of storage servers (running Linux).
- Assist with Linux server administration.
- End user support in tracking and resolving issues via ticketing system.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Minimum 5 years of Mac & Windows system administration experience.
- Must have significant experience supporting Macintosh systems.
- Experience performing system backups.
- Self directed – proven ability to work, and satisfy customer needs, with minimal day to day direction.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and also independently.
- Ability and willingness to communicate tasks and concepts to others.
- Strong communication and customer relations skills.
- Good documentation skills .
- Understanding of IT security best practices.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts.
Experience in the following areas would be considered a plus:
- Linux system administration.
- Experience managing Linux and Windows server systems.
- Experience managing storage systems.
- Experience managing server systems.
- Experience managing physical systems.
- VMWare ESXi / vCenter server systems.
- Supporting a research environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experiencePay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.