Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Unleash Your Potential!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions by leveraging our diverse and talented workforce who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Do you thrive working in small teams that collaborate closely with customers? Are you intrigued by big data? Our Prototype Development Support program is seeking someone with a strong mission focus who is passionate about new development and rapid prototyping. We want someone who can help us discover smarter, innovative approaches to support mission operations, discover new analytics, enhance tradecraft, and much more!
Our TTO-based LOE program provides our customer's Operations organization with the best possible solutions for their mission needs. We achieve this through rapid prototyping, new development, and advanced technology research. From leading-edge visualizations to analytic development, we're always pushing the boundaries to find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer intelligence questions. With a focus on collaboration and a fast-paced environment, the Prototype Development Support program is the ideal place to grow your skills and make a real impact. Click here to learn more about how this program “Delivers Mission Success!”
Your greatest work is ahead!
If you’re a talented Senior Systems Administrator with a TS/SCI polygraph clearance, we want to hear from you. The Leidos Intelligence Group is looking for someone like you to join our team in the Fort Meade, MD area. As part of this highly visible and fast-paced prime contract, you'll enjoy a competitive benefits package including four or more weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave, and more! Plus, this position is eligible for up to a 50k bonus! Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to take your career to the next level. Apply today and join one of the most dynamic teams in the industry.
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Your Main Objective:
- Support an integrated team of system professionals that develop and maintain a lab environment used to further the discovery mission
- Ensure that all systems (servers, networks, storage) are operating in a secure and compliant way
- Work with a diverse set of mission customers to ensure that their projects are operating according to established standards
What Sets You Apart:
- Eight (8) to eighteen (18) years of general experience as a systems analyst.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience as a systems analyst
- Five (5) years of experience in systems analysis, engineering design, and communications applications on complex information systems, database management, the use of programming languages that support Linux ‐ RedHat, Windows, Databases, and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
- IAT II certification
You Might Also Have:
- Strong Linux experience
- Familiarity with Docker and RedHat Satellite
- Experience supporting hardware installation, supporting servers and network infrastructure
- Experience setting up storage such as network‐attached storage
- Experience implementing security best practices to include PKI certificate generation, deployment and maintenance
- Knowledge of Unix shell scripting languages like bash, Bourne, or C
- Experience deploying and maintaining nginx
- Familiarity with cloud computing environments like AWS
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) products like Terraform, SALT and Ansible as well as system monitoring platforms like Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience with SELinix and FIPS
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We look forward to learning more about you – apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.