Senior Linux Systems Administrator ( R-00070006 )
The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Linux/Network Administrator to work at our Annapolis Junction, MD location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The selected candidate will be responsible for performing daily system administration and O&M support activities in support of a complex network environment with geographically distributed systems. The position entails supporting system engineering requests to meet operational needs, as well as engineering, deploying, and maintaining capabilities that are new to the environment.
The selected candidate will be responsible for monitoring test infrastructure systems, applications, and processes; and for ensuring that all issues are identified, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner. She/he will provide support for server/router/firewall configuration and will perform security management and application performance optimization functions. The environment includes Microsoft-based servers, databases, and workstations as well as VMware and Linux server instances and an extensive network infrastructure (LAN and WAN). Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a complex server-based enclave, including performing system scans, vulnerability management activities, and active directory configuration.
- Planning and implementing IT enhancements and undertaking project work.
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems while off duty, on an on-call basis.
- Utilizing enterprise monitoring solutions to identify alarms that have been triggered against the test infrastructure environment.
- Providing timely and professional support in response to calls and emails.
- Proactively contacting customers when test infrastructure processes are significantly delayed or may impact their ability to complete a business function on time.
- Participating in the creation and ongoing maintenance of documentation ensuring that clear, concise, and accurate information is readily available to assist with incident resolution.
- Providing technical assistance to companion work groups in support of overlapping projects and maintaining good inter-departmental relations.
- Communicating with users and publishing status of any system outages, as needed.
- Executing the process for managing information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVAs) and system security scanning for equipment suites in accordance with the System Security Plans for these systems in order to rapidly and accurately identify and remediate IAVAs.
- Initiating IAVA responses and system security scans, completing remediation, extending IAVA patches and security updates to designated sites, and executing monthly security scans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and at least 8 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree and 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree with the exception of Linux experience.
- At least 7 years of experience providing support for users and systems in Information Technology and/or information security environments.
- At least 6 years of experience with Linux server administration (RHEL and/or CentOS) in an enterprise environment (including both hardware installs and virtual machines).
- At least 2 years of experience with network switches, routers, and firewalls from Cisco, Juniper, or similar enterprise vendors.
- Must have experience in or familiarity with the following systems: Windows/Linux operating systems, VMware, and Networking: Switches, Routers, LANs, & cabling.
- Must have a solid understanding of advanced security protocols and standards, and information security principles and practices.
- Must have in-depth experience with software and security architectures.
- Must have experience providing assistance to users, optimizing system operations, and monitoring IT enterprise systems.
- Must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- May be asked to perform short duration travel to non-hostile CONUS locations for tasks such as system upgrades and installs.
Security Clearance requirement:
- All candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
- Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, Vulnerability Assessment).
- Experience with High Assurance Internet Protocol Encryptor (HAIPE) devices for In-line Network Encryption.
- Experience with a variety of switches, firewalls, and network load balancers in an enterprise network environment.
- Experience in a System Administration role supporting a software configuration management and development environment.