Linux DevOps Systems Administrator ( R-00073282 )
Leidos CIO Services Computing Resources is seeking an enterprise level Linux Dev Ops administrator with deep experience deploying, operating, maintaining and supporting Linux Servers (On-prem and Cloud hosted ). The Linux DevOps Administrator will also focus on identifying, assessing, and developing script-based automation to help standardize and streamline IT administrative tasks and processes. Scripting and Automation experience is a critical requirement for the position.
In this role, you will bring together agile software development methodologies and best practice, IT operations workflows, business processes, and good security practices with a modern toolset to help develop, integrate, and maintain infrastructure as code (IaC) and configuration as code (CaC) using a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) automation life cycle.
The successful candidate must possess the ability to work well in a distributed team agile environment. The candidate should be of a highly ethical, trustworthy and reliable nature. The ability to utilize our Service Now system to adhere to rigid ITIL based change and release control processes and procedures are critical. The candidate should also be able to demonstrate superior analytical and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to offer high levels of service to our customers, staff and management
- Promote and help create automated testing, transparency in code, and secure coding practices to ensure the reliability, dependability, and compliance of scripted and automated solutions deployed into production environments.
- Focus on identifying, assessing, and developing solutions to address IT business and mission use cases across a variety of vendor and in-house solutions to maximize task automation through scripting
- Test and improve Least Privilege and Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) and information security (INFOSEC) efforts.
- Provision, Operation and Maintenance of RHEL / Ubuntu Linux Servers (On-prem and Cloud hosted ) and server less architecture technologies (containers, lambda, etc).
- Utilize Ansible and Gitlab to script / automate our re-occurring technical tasks
- Operation and maintenance of Web Server technologies.
- Work with DBA team to troubleshoot database connectivity issues (Oracle, MSSQL, MYSQL).
- Troubleshoot network connection issues using network tools and enterprise logging tools.
- Provide high-level technical assistance to application development teams with deployments and troubleshooting web services.
- Coordinate with VMware team / Storage team on additional disk, CPU, Memory requests.
- Work with Application and Engineering team on projects and initiatives.
- Function within and inter-disciplinary agile team environment of Epics, features, stories, etc.
- Maintain / patch software applications.
- Develop documentation as necessary for knowledge sharing within team Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 - 12 years of relevant experience in Systems Administration. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Prior experience must include at least 5 years of administering and optimizing primarily Linux OS Servers, as well as 3+ years of automation / scripting experience.
- At least 2 years experience with end-to-end development of coded/scripted solutions using modern languages (i.e. Bash, Python) for the implementation, configuration, automation, orchestration, and/or maintenance of enterprise-level systems, applications, and services in a multi-platform information system.
- At least 2 years experience and knowledge of Git and Ansible Tower.
- Experience actively performing code/script design, writing, testing, troubleshooting, optimization, deployment, improvement, and documentation.
- Hands-on experience incorporating recognized best practices into code/script development, including but not limited to the areas of code generation, comments, logging, error checking and handling, remote execution, multi-threading, reports, and notifications.
- Experience designing, engineering, implementing, and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. government information assurance and security standards, such as DISA Secure Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs).
- Demonstrated ability to capture, analyze, and decompose stakeholder and/or product requirements in order to design valuable solutions for a production environment which take into account technical, compliance, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Working experience with networked storage ( NAS, SAN ) concepts.
- On-call availability
- Experience creating, maintaining, and running IT process automation (or orchestration) using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Packer, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Calm, or Azure DevOps
- Experience using data-oriented and markup languages (i.e. XML, JSON, YAML)
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (i.e. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud )
- Experience with source/version control systems (i.e. Azure DevOps, Git, GitHub)
- Familiarity with containers and container management (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience Scripting with Bash, Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Experience with Windows Server (Gui, Core)