Principal Machine Learning Engineer ( 586551-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Principal Engineer for the Verizon Enterprise Data Science Experimentation Platform, you will be helping define and drive end-to-end solutioning and operationalization of the platform. This Platform will enable the culture of experimentation to drive AI based decisions at scale. You will help establish synergies across the Enterprise and come up with a platform strategy that suits the needs of all data scientist communities across multiple business units.
- Leads the study and transformation of data science prototypes
- Helps define the blueprint of the Experimentation platform enabling experimentation during hypothesis validation, A/B/n testing, MAB, etc and come up with detailed design implementing various state of the art technologies .
- Stakeholder with various Data Scientist Communities across various business units and Enterprise Architects to define an overall plan for the Platform.
- Determines processes and standards for running machine learning tests and experiments.
- Designs, develops, tests, deploys, maintains, and improves machine learning system software.
- Sets the strategy for ML/AI tools and processes, determining the future needs of the business.
- Define solutions to consistently and efficiently measure Model efficacy across the Enterprise .
- Be part ofanindustry wide community, stay on top of the latest and greatest technologies to ensure an outside perspective is brought in.
- Automate the process of orchestrating various A/B/n , MAB tests using Screwdriver or similar.
- Design Enterprise class data platforms, come up with technology strategy and define the best practices in architecture to operate at the scale of the enterprise for Experimentation Platform.
- Prescribe methodology and solution blueprint for various modules of the Experimentation Platform
- Build prototypes and proof of concepts to prove out new technologies and products that will be adopted into the overall AI&D platform ecosystem.
- Integrate with simulation platforms and synthetic data generators.
- Partner with other teams in AI&D and other lines of business to successfully accomplish goals
- Mentor junior team members
Where you'll be working...
This role will be based out of Ashburn, VA as listed in the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in designing and developing enterprise class AI Platforms and solutions
- Experience with data science algorithms, model building techniques
- Experience with Machine Learning Model performance measurement
- Experience implementing Data ops, Machine Learning Ops
- Knowledge of AWS
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Big Data Technologies, Data Transport (Pulsar/Kafka), Spark, Jupyter/ Python.
Even better if you have:
- A Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering or other related field.
- Deep understanding of and hands on experience with data science experimentation techniques and tools like ML Flow, Domino Data Labs, Seldon Core, etc.
- Experience implementing and automating A/B testing, MAB
- Expertise in large containerized environments utilizing Kubernetes, APIGEE and strong understanding of cloud solutions and AWS
- Experience with various database technologies like NoSQL, RDBMS, Graph DBs( like Druid, Neo4J), Presto, Hive LLap, Impala or similar is desirable
- Knowledge of GCP
- Experience working with BI tools like Looker, Qlik, etc.
- Exposure to product based development methodology
- Strong leadership, communication and teamwork skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).