Machine Learning-Data Engineer ( 599225-1G )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be a senior member of the Verizon ML/IoTsolutions and platform development team, focusing on design-driven development and front-end delivery. As a Machine Learning/Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of a highly scalable IOT developer platform and applications whose core tenants include an independent UI layer integrated via API with telemetry infrastructure using messaging queues (MQTT/Rabbit/Other lightweight M2M), data ingestion and streaming platforms like Kafka/Kinesis and horizontally scalable micro services that use a variety of data persistence (NoSql, Relational, In-memory).
All team members play a vital role in delivering high value and high quality solutions that meet business objectives, and delivering end-to-end performance and scale of complex video based analytic applications that can support millions of IoT devices in the field. The position is part of an agile, cross-functional team that delivers value to the business with high frequency. A continuous delivery / continuous integration (CICD) approach is followed to ensure tight integration and early detection of issues for quick delivery cycle-time.
- Design and develop well-architected and scalable end to end applications and development platform touchpoints for video analytics based applications and IoT telemetry for various verticals like Smart Cities, Industrial IoT, Utilities, and 5G/MEC.
- Understand the target domain personas and the user experience requirements. Design user experiences that are highly scalable and targeted for cloud deployment/Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model. Ensure applications meet the objectives of the business.
- Contribute to analysis and design of low latency Microservices APIs that will be consumed by a Cloud IOT platform as well as external developers/third party vendors.
- Design, review, and optimize data ingestion and transformation processes in streaming, relational databases, and/or NoSQL in cloud environments, to deliver the value of the data to customers.
- Conduct iterative application tuning and performance baselining.
- Participate in Agile development, daily scrum, and sprints.
- Develop high level and detail level designs with cross functional input. Work closely with product managers and other external stakeholders to ensure that the final solution will meet business objectives.
- Develop features with quality and integrated with continuous integration and delivery infrastructure.
- Implement and champion best practices in solution design and delivery to optimize business investments.
Where you'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.This role can sit out of any valid U.S. based Verizon work location.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Twoyears of experience in Machine Leaning.
- Cloud Software Development experience.
- Experience in the programming languages: Scala/Java/JavaSript/Go/Python.
- Experience designing and developing complex-domain applications and highly scalable ingestion and data processing applications.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience in IoT and/or Computer Vision domain.
- Experience with industry best practices and design patterns.
- Experience with designing and using horizontally scalable UI layer component systems in Typescript/React16+/JS/ESlint/API/micro services architecture.
- Experience of Kafka/Kinesis/Spark streaming platform to build API’s utilizing real-time data pipelines.
- Experience on database management systems and Query language.
- Experience with Messaging Systems and protocols (MQTT/CoAP/RabbitMQ).
- Debugging and monitoring experience of cloud applications.
- Ability to work within an agile, scrum-based team that utilizes Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery processes.
- Ability to lead end to end development of major software features.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).