Machine Learning Signal Processing Engineer
Today, Electronic Warfare (EW) is a growing enterprise - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Signal Processing Engineer to support EW programs in Arlington, VA or San Diego, CA.
As part of our team, you will work on programs that improve the robustness and efficacy of sensors and signals in complex environments. More broadly, you will help advance the state-of-the-art in research and advanced applications to support ongoing and future EW programs. Simultaneously, you will work alongside scientists and experts in these fields to grow your own knowledge and career while mentoring junior level engineers and leading tasks.
Regular tasks will include:
- Develop, model, and test algorithms in Matlab, Simulink, or C++
- Analyze results from simulation or real data to identify root causes and trends
- Develop novel and advanced signal processing/machine learning algorithms, performance simulation, and analysis - using simulated and real data in both time series and spectral domains
- Leverage state-of-the-art AI/ML tools and methodologies to improve algorithms performance
- Participate in lab-based and field testing
- Support marketing and business development initiatives
- Engage in multiple projects, interacting with Customers as well
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- 4+ years’ experience in radar signal processing
- Fluent with tools such as MATLAB, Linux, Mathematica, Python, Simulink - and languages such as C/C++, Java etc.
- Working knowledge areas such as digital filtering, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra and stochastic processes
- Experience with Machine Learning and/or Artificial Intelligence algorithms and libraries, such as TensorFlow
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Adaptability to new challenges with a strong motivation to grow and learn in new areas
- Active TS/SCI clearance preferred
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- Strong understanding of machine learning frameworks, RF front end design, and signal processing algorithm development
- Task lead or team leadership experience
- Experience translating functional requirements into tasks
- Experience working in areas of modeling and simulation (M&S), radar, adaptive radar, signals processing, algorithm development synthetic aperture radar (SAR) or similar fields
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.