Machine Learning Engineer ( R-00065588 )
click hereUNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
Dread the doldrums of the daily grind no more. Thrive with the freedom to innovate and explore new ideas in rapid development prototypes leveraging the latest developments in Deep Learning.
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge? You will develop new solutions for challenging problems with advanced technologies in Deep Learning. Accelerate the development process from concept to creation to demonstration.
We are in search of a Machine Learning Engineer to join the Leidos Innovations Center located in Huntsville, AL. As a core member of the development team, you will work various short-term projects developing, demonstrating, and enhancing usage of Deep Learning techniques. You will oversee dataset curation and simulation, develop multisensor synthesis networks, and implement runtime optimizations to support low SWAP hardware. Creatively solve challenges in navigation, surveillance, and targeting applications with artificial intelligence. If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
We provide a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, and space for customers worldwide. The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) is the technology-driven core of Leidos and continues our tradition of solving the toughest scientific and engineering problems for customers. We develop groundbreaking solutions leveraging a wide range of technologies, transitioning advanced technologies from the laboratory to operational systems for our customers. We have the broad technical expertise needed to rapidly prototype and field solutions in areas such as Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, big data, cyber, surveillance systems, autonomy, sensors, applied biology, and directed energy. To explore and learn more, click here! Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
• Lead the creation and implementation of Machine Learning techniques and algorithms for a diverse portfolio of DoD projects
• Design Machine Learning architecture and approaches with emphasis on computer vision
• Mature technologies to work in uncontrolled environments
• Present techniques, solutions, and results to DoD customers and Leidos management
• Develop proposals and concepts responding to customer requirements
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
• BS degree in a scientific field such as computer science, math, data science, physics, or engineering with 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of bachelor's degree.
• Four years or more of practical experience in applying ML to solve complex image processing problems, including tasks such as object detection, object recognition, and image similarity testing/retrieval
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
• Expertise with PyTorch (preferred), TensorFlow, or similar AI/ML development framework
• Skilled in implementing various deep learning architectures, such as convolutional neural networks (CNNs), generative adversarial networks (GANs), recurrent neural networks (RNNs), etc.
• Skilled in curating, assessing and augmenting complex datasets for statistical machine learning problems
• Experience with Apache TVM or other similar frameworks for AI/ML acceleration for deployment to edge devices
• Proficient in C++, Python, and Object-Oriented Design
• Experience working and collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams, including leading and mentoring small technical teams
• Confident working in a Linux development environment
• Willingness to travel to customer sites and test facilities (approximately 10% travel requirement)
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
• Experience with open architectures such as Robot Operating System (ROS), Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE), and Open Mission Systems (OMS)
• Experience supporting precision navigation programs including those requiring precision timing and synchronization of multiple sensors
• Experience with autonomous vehicle / robot system development