Machine Learning Engineer ( R-00070482 )
Leidos SDA has an immediate opening for a Machine Learning Engineer. Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection and Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
Leidos keep our security customers at the leading edge of technology by designing, demonstrating, and deploying Machine Learning (ML) approaches to solve complex remote sensing problems. We are currently seeking a Machine Learning Research Scientist to work in our SDA operation. Emphasis is on research and development with activities ranging from support of early scientific research to transitioning products to production. The opportunity allows for independent work under the guidance of a multidisciplinary team and mentorship from our senior science and technology staff. As a ML scientist, you will apply your ML skills to a wide variety of problems and datasets, primarily focused on security scanning and sensing (chemical, RF, optical, X-ray, and other imaging) applications, including scene recognition and intelligence. Current projects include auto-detection and classification of chemical targets, and real-time scene modeling. You will bring experience, entrepreneurship, and creativity to our programs. You will interact with customers, lead technical projects, and spearhead growth in new areas.
This is a fully remote position. The preference is for this candidate to be locale to Tewksbury MA, Vista CA, or Petersburg FL office locations.
- Work on and lead interdisciplinary teams to design, develop, and deploy ML algorithms for security scanning applications
- Participate in customer briefings
- Create new project ideas and brief those ideas internally to Leidos and externally to customers
- BS degree in a scientific field such as computer science, math, data science, physics, or engineering with 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- 1-5 years of practical experience in applying ML to solve complex signal processing problems
- Experience working and collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams, including leading technical teams and mentoring less experienced scientists
- Proficiency in signal processing algorithms, including time-frequency analysis and digital signal filtering
- Experience using Python, C++, and/or Matlab
- Master’s Degree with and 6+ years of prior relevant experience or PhD with prior relevant experience
- 5+ years of practical experience applying state-of-the-art ML techniques to signal processing and sensing applications
- Track record of research in ML technologies with high impact publications
- Strong fundamentals in problem solving and algorithm design
- Understands how to translate market requirements and mission needs to technology solutions
sdasPay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00