Apprentice, Machine Learning Engineer (2110130)
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who make it all possible. By embracing a massive digital transformation that includes highly experiential and personalized learning, we are always re-examining and continuously improving the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who are mission-driven and motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better.
We are currently looking for a Machine Learning Engineer (MLE) Apprentice to work with our new and existing learning product platforms. The Apprentice will work as part of a team across product and engineering teams to build real-time adaptive and personalized learning services that optimize learner interactions and behavior to allow more efficient and effective study and engagement.
- Build relationships with product, engineering, educational efficacy and research teams across Pearson’s learning products and platforms to create an effective product roadmap
- Improve the overall learner experience and engagement using ML techniques and tools, through existing and new project
- Understand and evaluate problem-solution fit for both algorithms and systems and work the team to ensure effective and efficient solutions
- Communicate effectively and frequently to internal teams and our technology and product stakeholders to improve quality, advance standards, and handle issues
- Masters or PhD (preferred) in a quantitative field (CS, engineering, statistics, math, physics, chemistry, etc)
- Good understanding of database structures, SQL and working with complex data models in big data environments in AWS or Google Cloud
- Great at analyzing and understanding complex problems and systems and being able to critique and contribute to its outcome
- Currently participating in the NC State University AI Academy Program.
- Experience in at least one these programming languages: Python, Scala, Java, C++ Experience in one or more of the following areas: recommendation systems, pattern recognition, NLP, data mining, or artificial intelligence
Note that that the role duration is Aug 2, 2021 - July 4, 2022.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Job: PROJECT/TEMPORARY WORKFORCE
Organization: Corporate Strategy & Technology
Req ID: 2110130