Principal Computer Vision / Machine Learning Engineer (Remote / Telework) ( R-00071171-OTHLOC-PL-2D3385 )
We are seeking a motivated and talented CV/ML Engineer / Algorithm Scientist to join our algorithm development team and participate in software development for advanced real-time detection and computer vision algorithms. You will be involved in the development of computer vision, image processing, machine learning, and deep learning algorithms for our real-time airport personnel and baggage scanning products. You will be working on algorithms for multi-view 2-d and 3-d volumetric detection of prohibited concealed on passengers or in their baggage. We have thousands of scanners in daily operation around the world on which your algorithms will be deployed!
This position has opportunity for up to 100% telework, but occasional travel to Tewksbury, MA may be required.
- Contribute to a team that is developing object detection and image processing system architectures that will be implemented in real-time decision processes in security screening systems fielded across the world
- Hands on research and development of advanced deep learning, object detection, image processing, and scene segmentation algorithms
- Implement production quality real-time C++ software for sophisticated computer vision and machine learning algorithms; primarily for detecting threat objects in 3-d volumetric data.
- Design and implement new algorithms and improve existing algorithms in C++ and Python class structure using good software engineering techniques with emphasis on reusability and efficiency.
- Train machine learning classifiers with emphasis on classifier generalization
- Assist with the development of new deep learning algorithms to improve the detection performance for challenging threats
- Analyze data, make recommendations, write technical reports
- Interface with other software teams to integrate algorithms with external software components.
- May require occasional travel (5%), domestic or international.
- MS in computer science/engineering in a related subject such as data science, computer vision, machine learning or AI
- 8 years' industry and/or research experience developing algorithms in one or more of the following areas: image/radar/video processing, computer vision, machine learning, or deep learning
- 8 years' image processing experience (filtering, segmentation, edge detection, object detection)
- 5 years' machine learning classifier development experience including approaches to use limited data to train and validate generalizable classifiers
- 5 years' C++ software development in a product development environment
- Experience designing machine learning algorithms, including creating software for data loading, training, and inference for novel machine learning architectures
- Experience with product quality software development including profiling and optimizing real-time algorithm runtime
- Must have positive, team focused attitude and approach to work tasks.
- Strong math, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US secret security clearance, which requires US Citizenship. We are unable to sponsor visas for this position and require applicants to be either a US citizen or a permanent resident (Green Card holder)
- PhD in computer science/engineering in a related subject such as computer vision, machine learning or AI
- 2 years’ experience developing deep learning computer vision algorithms using CNNs, GANs, Transformers, Single and Two-stage detectors
- Strong understanding of supervised, semi-supervised and self-supervised machine learning
- 2 years’ experience with Python
- Familiarity with Azure and Git
- Strong understanding of statistical pattern recognition and classification.
- Basic knowledge of the electromagnetic spectrum (x-ray/radar) and related technologies
- Experience with Windows and Linux development environments including writing Perl and shell scripts
- Current US secret security clearance
Our Tewksbury office is a diverse and collaborative environment, only a short commute from downtown Boston and Nashua. We offer flexible work arrangements and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, exciting referral programs, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2021, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the fourth consecutive year.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection and Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
sdasPay Range:Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00