JAVA Application Programmer II (32571)
Amentum is currently seeking an Application Programmer II to support an IT Managed Services program for the Department of Energy. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations. The Application Programmers will participate in the design of software tools, and subsystems, to support, reuse, and provide analysis of classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) services for National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia (NTESS).
- Enterprise Cloud Services lead the R&D, implementation, operations, and management of world-class Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure, Platforms and Services while providing IT Modernization leadership to Cloud-Native practices.
- Responsible for performing the full life-cycle management (analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, integration and maintenance) of Enterprise Public Cloud services.
- Ensure that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. Create complex prototypes. Code, test, debug, document and implement highly complex platform and supporting software applications.
- Provide technical direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff. Models and acts in accordance with Sandia Guiding Principles.
- Design, develop, implement, document, and test changes to code deployed platforms and supporting application subsystems. Code, test, debug, document, and implement complex platforms and applications. Create complex prototypes and ensure deliverables are high quality and meet user expectations.
- Collaborate with business partners, other Information Technology (IT) teams and senior application developers to arrive at recommendations for technology decisions. This includes package selection, and systems design and modifications. Initiates process improvements for new and existing systems.
- Resolve or assist with escalated software application and platform issues as needed. Lead and coordinate activities to develop and execute plans to mitigate occurrence and re-occurrence of production issues. Oversees and contributes to the documentation of production support processes.
- Anticipate long term support issues and plan for corrective actions.
- Collaborate with support teams to ensure complex issues are resolved in a timely manner. Perform root cause analysis to identify permanent resolutions to software or business process issues.
- Candidate can work remotely but will be required to travel to the customer’s work site several times a year.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy Q level clearance.
- Must possess a Bachelors Degree and 7 years of related experience or Associates degree and 11 years of related experience or High School diploma / GED and 15 years of related experience.
- Java doing full stack application and/or Platform development using SpringBoot.
- Agile methodology and tooling experience.
- Working independently on assignments with minimal direction and determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Executing quality assurance activities (including peer reviews, test development, and test execution).
- Creating code that interfaces with Commercial Off the Shelf products.
- Git (git-flow) with fully automated CI/CD pipeline experience.
- Developing SOA and RESTful Web Services.
- Operationalization of microservice platform, experience with platforms and tools such Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Gitlab
- Deploying Infrastructure as code using Teraform.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and No-SQL Platforms.
- Analyzing, diagnosing and proposing solutions to application or business process issues.
- Mentoring, coaching and leading other technical team members.
- Container Platform Development.
- Microservice application development experience.
- DevOps experience.
- Instrumentation of services, implementation of monitoring and alerting, and triaging of production issues.
- Strong working knowledge of microservices development and relevant supporting technologies such as orchestration, containers, service discovery, service gateways and proxying.
- Experience in architecting and building large-scale microservice solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of cloud technologies such as Azure and AWS.