Network Administrator 2 (Ellsworth AFB SD)
Purpose and Scope:
Amentum is seeking a Network Administrator to be a part of a geographically dispersed team responsible for the management of a network and related computer systems.
- Supports the design, installation, maintenance, administration, and support of internal computer systems and networks in a multi-protocol LAN/WAN environment.
- Assists with basic configuration, monitoring, maintenance and analysis of data processing equipment, databases and video systems.
- Assists with installation and upgrades to operating systems and other application software in a LAN/WAN client/server environment.
Provides Help Desk support, including troubleshooting and problem resolution, for all LAN/WAN hardware and software.
- Maintains and manages connectivity through the use of TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NDS, Windows Server strategies and protocols.
- Maintains and manages cross platform inter-connectivity including communication protocols, directory services and log in authentication.
- Maintains and manages connectivity between multiple remote locations through the use of WAN equipment and services.
- Maintains and manages LAN/WAN security requirements through proper software/hardware tools and procedures including router and firewall management.
- Assists with end-to-end support for remote users of specialized remote control computer systems.
- Assists with consultation in network and computer operations, design, planning, and maintenance.
- May support research and contribute recommendations for products for evaluation, testing, implementation and integration.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, kneeling, standing and walking, routinely sitting and constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Must possess a Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
- Associates degree in a technical discipline or equivalent academic, military or technical training and 2 years of directly related experience.
- Must possess CompTIA Security+ Certification.
- Trained in information assurance to DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II. The incumbent must have basic level skills, knowledge, and technical competence in the maintenance and management of LAN/WAN computer software and hardware and video systems.
- Possess familiarity with network topology, communication standards, protocols, data transmission technology, and routers/switches.
- Possess experience in multi-protocol client server environments. Must be self- directed and able to establish and meet project guidelines/time-lines.
- Possess communications skills capable of writing recommendations, reports, purchase justifications, memos, and miscellaneous documentation.
- Verbal Communication skills to allow for interacting with all unit employees. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
- One or more of the following:
- CompTIA Network + (Plus) CE
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
- JUNOS - Service Provider Routing and Switching (JNCIA)
- Completion of Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)