Network Administrator II (Cyber Transport Systems Specialist II) (Ellington Field JRB, Texas)
*** This position is contingent upon award of contract ***
Amentum is seeking a Network Administrator to be a part of a geographically dispersed team responsible for the management of a network and related computer systems and provides technical assistance and training to system users.
• Supports the design, installation, maintenance, administration, and support of internal computer systems and networks in a multi-protocol LAN/WAN environment.
• Assists with basic configuration, monitoring, maintenance and analysis of data processing equipment, databases and video systems.
• Assists with installation and upgrades to operating systems and other application software in a LAN/WAN client/server environment.
Provides Help Desk support, including troubleshooting and problem resolution, for all LAN/WAN hardware and software.
• Maintains and manages connectivity through the use of TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NDS, Windows Server strategies and protocols.
• Maintains and manages cross platform inter-connectivity including communication protocols, directory services and log in authentication.
• Maintains and manages connectivity between multiple remote locations through the use of WAN equipment and services.
• Maintains and manages LAN/WAN security requirements through proper software/hardware tools and procedures including router and firewall management.
• Assists with end-to-end support for remote users of specialized remote control computer systems.
• Assists with consultation in network and computer operations, design, planning, and maintenance.
• May support research and contribute recommendations for products for evaluation, testing, implementation, and integration.
• Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, kneeling, standing, and walking, routinely sitting and constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, and must be able to work under deadlines.
• Must possess a Top-Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
• Associates degree in a technical discipline or equivalent academic, military or technical training and 5 years of directly related experience on at least one of the following systems: SAN Storage, Server Blade, SQL, SharePoint, C2ISR video data, network performance software, and firewalls, and basic database administration.
• Must possess a DoD IAT Level II (or higher) Certification and at a minimum one of the following certifications:
o VMware (VCA), CCNA, and/or MTA Security Fundamentals, MTA Networking fundamentals, MTA Window Server Administration Fundamentals, or MTA Windows OS Fundamentals.
• Trained in information assurance to DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II.
• The incumbent must have basic level skills, knowledge, and technical competence in the maintenance and management of LAN/WAN computer software and hardware and video systems.
• Possess familiarity with network topology, communication standards, protocols, data transmission technology, and routers/switches.
• Possess experience in multi-protocol client server environments.
• Must be self- directed and able to establish and meet project guidelines/timelines.
• Possess communications skills capable of writing recommendations, reports, purchase justifications, memos, and miscellaneous documentation.
• Verbal Communication skills to allow for interacting with all unit employees.
• Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.