Network Administrator III
A mid to senior level network administrator to provide support for several, geographically dispersed, medium-sized secure Department of Defense (DoD) networks. The network administrator will be a part of a small, cohesive team, supporting networks utilizing Cisco firewalls, routers, and switches. This position will require minimal travel, in and around the Springfield, VA area, in support of remote client locations. Candidate must have superb communication skills, as they will be directly interfacing with the client, and must be able to manage and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner. Candidate must also have basic familiarization of virtual infrastructures using solutions such as VMware and Hyper-V implementations as well as be familiar with current DoD cyber policy and regulations governing information systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in network designs, identifying areas needing improvement, and implementing recommended changes.
- Install, configure, and implement networking devices in the enterprise.
- Maintain the network infrastructure and associated network devices, updating operating systems, and manage their configurations accordingly.
- Apply and verify required DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) across all networking devices, including the associated configurations and operating system updates, in order to meet DoD compliancy regulations.
- Monitor network device logs, activity, and performance on all network devices throughout the enterprise.
- Document and diagram the network and its associated devices, updating when changes occur.
- Familiar with group policy, host and client access, access rights, and user account maintenance.
- Support an enterprise-wide help desk solution that consists of both operational and developmental locations.
- Researches, evaluates, installs, configures, and troubleshoots all hardware, peripherals, and equipment necessary to meet integrated systems objectives.
- Stays up to date with current and future technologies while identifying ways to leverage technological solutions against current problem sets.
- Proficient in patch management, software installation, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Able to secure Servers and Workstations in compliance with the Defense Information Systems Agency's (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP/XCCDF) or similar standards.
- Coordinates efforts under the general supervision of the IT Manager; performs additional tasks as deemed necessary by IT Manager to meet customer requirements and deadlines.
- Participates in the development and testing of custom software applications to support client needs
- Must have an Active Top Secret with SCI eligibility US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to maintain a Top-Secret Clearance.
- 3-5 years’ experience with Cisco switches, firewalls, and routers.
- Current Security+ or other DoD Approved 8570 IAT II security certification required as per DOD Cyber Security Exchange website reference.
- Current CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE certification is required.
- Current Security+ or better required.
- Candidate must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- The job is performed in a general office or comparable working area; occasional distractions, such as noise, interruptions, or congested work area.
- Knowledge of data security and disaster recovery systems and procedures.
- Solid interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong listening, analysis, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within a team structure.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.