Network & Systems Administrator
The Network & Systems Administrator works independently with minimal supervision providing network and systems administration for the Infrastructure and Deactivation & Remediation contractors at the Portsmouth site as well as the DOE site office. The ideal candidate will integrate within a small team of Network and System Admins through technical knowledge and guidance; responsible for coaching and reviewing the work of lower-level technical staff.
- Design, manage, and implement network architecture to support mission objectives.
- Provide primary support and management of the IT server infrastructure and hosted systems.
- Support first-tier technical staff with the resolution of more complex issues related to software tools, applications, databases, and system access.
- Analyze and resolve hardware and software problems for end users, with a primary emphasis on server-related issues.
- Provide troubleshooting support for IT staff.
- Recommend hardware and software solutions to meet end user and IT needs.
- Support Cyber Security compliance and audit preparation in coordination with the Cyber Security Team.
- Consult with internal departments to identify customer needs and include them in both operational and project objectives.
- Remain conversant with the industry’s computer security technology and practices with technical skills and applicable experience with related technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or four-year college, vocational, or technical program beyond high school with an emphasis in computer science or Telecommunication System Management with 4+ years directly applicable experience; or Master with a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to collaborate with technical staff and customers in forming strategies to improve performance.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Technical skills and applicable experience with related technologies such as: Cisco ISE, Cisco Firepower, Microsoft Windows and Server Operating Systems; Microsoft SQL server; various VMWare products including Horizon, vCenter, and vSphere ESXi; Microsoft SCCM, System Center Suite and Patch Management, Exchange, Active Directory; SAN Infrastructure; Disaster recovery/contingency planning; Monitoring Solutions; DFS Namespace and Replication, DNS, DHCP; Microsoft Certificate Authority, SSL certificates, KMS licensing.
- DOE site experience is strongly preferred
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Related industry-recognized certifications MCP, MCSE, and/or VMware VCP preferred.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance at a Q level.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.