Network Administrator ( R-00054324 )
As a Network Administrator, provide second level support for Local Area Network (LAN), and Wide Area Network (WAN) solutions encompassing multiple platforms.
Develop network support requirements by reviewing and analyzing customer business processes and evaluating available Enterprise Services (ES) and supplier capabilities.
Support project teams in implementing new or upgraded designs and coordinate project efforts with support groups.
Create plans that support implementation of changes.
Participate in network support design and performance evaluation reviews. Advise on distributed network computing issues.
Monitor and maintain security and integrity standards and controls.
Assist in the evaluation, testing and recommendation of hardware, software, and network configurations based on customer need.
Coordinate and approve updates of the site administration documentation.
• Experience with Tier 1 & 2 Network Administration.
• Ability to resolve a wide range of network issues, troubleshoot LAN and WAN issues, and address trouble tickets and service tasks in a Cisco based environment.
• Applicant must have a strong understanding of the OSI model and configuration of routing protocols such as EIGRP and OSPF.
• Applicant must have experience resolving LAN based issues such as switch configuration, VLANS, ether-channel, and port security.
• Maintain records of daily activities, problems and remedial actions taken, and/or installation activities.
• Understanding of how to plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures through manual configuration, installation of patches, or the application of scripts to protect data, software, and hardware.
• Participate in technical exchanges as required
• Self-motivated, self-directing, and aggressively communicative.
- Bachelors degree and 2+ years of experience in the Information Technology field
- Candidates without a degree may be considered with 4 additional years of related work experience.
- A Secret Clearance is required for this position
- Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+, CCNA Security, etc.)
- Possess at least one network certification (CCNA, CCNP, etc.)
- Top Secret Clearance
- ITIL Foundation v3 or v4
- Cisco Certified Network Associate / Professional certification (CCNA/CCNP)
- Although not required, additional certifications or experience related to Microsoft System Administration (MCP, MCSA, MCSE, etc.) is highly desired