Installation Management – Network Administrator (25429)
Amentum is immediately hiring a Network Administrator at its Watervliet, NY Arsenal Site location.
- Network experience in an industrial control environment (ICN) essential in the establishment of the Watervliet Arsenal ICN with the capability of 50% growth.
- Receives network, communications, and related operating systems from various sources such as design centers and commercial vendors; maintains an inventory of all network hardware and software.
- Installs, configures, and trouble-shoots network and application server hardware, operating system software, and peripheral network equipment such as routers, bridges, cabling system, network interface cards, modems, multiplexers, and concentrators.
- Changes the components of existing equipment for efficient operation.
- Develops and maintains local procedures for networks, system operations, and product assembly and installation.
- Implements all network operating system and/or application software and maintains contact with software suppliers to ensure that current releases of software products are in use.
- Conducts testing to ensure operability, efficiency, and compliance with existing standards.
- Monitors operation of the network and ensures that hardware and software are functioning properly and that operation standards are met.
- Reviews, evaluates, and fine tunes components to achieve peak efficiency within the overall network connectivity.
- Function tests the hardware and software to resolve technical problems and makes the appropriate on-site repairs.
- Provides ongoing support, resolution of problems, and recovery of operating malfunctions involving various hardware components and software failures.
- Performs system backups to ensure expedient restoration of the data base for the respective network equipment.
- Participates with user support personnel to train office personnel and functional end users on use of office automation computers, local and wide area networks, and other automated tools.
- Recommends and prepares operating policies and procedures for networks, system operations, and product assembly and installation.
- Incumbent (or Selectee) is required to satisfactorily complete the appropriate training and obtain the required certification/recertification for this position as outlined in DoD Publication 8570.01-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, dated 19 December 2005 (incorporating Change 1, 15 May 2008).
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum 3 years experience required in Network Administration in the areas of (1) Domain Name System (DNS) Server experience, (2) Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Server experience
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have a Secret Clearance.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Building of a commercial networks experience is preferred.