Network Administrator ( R-00056878 )
Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking a Network Administrator to support an important mission for our defense customer. Work will be performed on customer site in Ft Huachuca, AZ and an Interim Secret Clearance is required to begin work on the program.
• Ensure the organization's Wide Area Network (WAN) infrastructure and related systems are well maintained, and operate reliably and securely.
• Perform regular systems and security monitoring, provisioning, troubleshooting, and issue resolution.
• Perform administration, operations, maintenance, and support of WAN infrastructure, routers, firewalls, Ethernet switches and related systems.
• Follow relevant processes, procedures, and standards.
• Provide technical support related to assigned systems within their organization and to outside customers as needed.
• Handle patches and upgrades to ensure that systems are maximally efficient, effective, and secure
• May provide support and guidance to junior network staff.
• Installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and support of Cisco Internetworking Devices.
• Installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and support of Juniper Internetworking Devices.
• Standard Routing Protocols, i.e. EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, etc.
• TCP/IP ports, protocols, and subnetting.
• Network fundamentals.
• Basic network services such as, DNS, DHCP, NTP, and LDAP.
• Cybersecurity fundamentals.
• IT Industry terminology.
• Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving techniques.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• High School Diploma and 4 years of direct, relevant professional work experience or an Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or related field from a nationally accredited educational institution and 2 years of direct, relevant professional work experience or a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or related field from a nationally accredited educational institution.
• Must hold active DoD Secret Clearance prior to start.
• Must be available to participate in a 24 x 7 shift rotation.
Required Professional certifications:
• Prior to start of employment you MUST possess one (1) professional certification identified in DISA IASE IAT Level II DoD 8570.01 Approved Baseline.
• Within 60 days of start of employment you must obtain one (1) professional certification identified in DISA IASE CSSP Infrastructure Support DoD 8570.01 Approved Baseline.
• Within 180 days of start of employment you must obtain one (1) Computing Environment certification identified on the RCC-C CE Requirements List. CCENT or higher, CCNA Preferred.