Network Administrator ( R-00062359 )
Are you interested in taking your IT career around the globe supporting vital missions in exciting locations? Leidos’ CITS III program provides communications and IT services around the world to support international joint force commands making our world a safer place.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed Network Administrator based in Djibouti, Africa. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, CJTF-HOA located OCONUS. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
- Maintaining and supporting a geographically dispersed regional network consisting of primarily Cisco routers and switches.
- Communicating clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Demonstrating strong interpersonal skills due to continual interaction with managers, clients, and users with varying technical backgrounds in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrating experience in interfacing with both client managers and system users and will report directly to the Network Team Lead.
- Possessing mid-level network administrator capabilities and skills to include installing and troubleshooting data and telecommunications network infrastructure.
- Possessing a working knowledge of Cisco routers and switches, datacenter equipment, physical security, WAN connections, Virtual Local Area Networks (VLAN), VLAN trunking, multicast, IPsec, firewalls, and VoIP.
- Possessing and demonstrating the ability to troubleshoot a wide array of system, networking and hardware problems as well as experience with routing protocols.
- Performing Network Administration in supporting Windows Server 2008 / 2012 with multiple types of servers and server applications to include but not limited to Windows Exchange Server 2010 / 2013, and 2008R2.
- Monitoring and responding to hardware and software problems utilizing hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Performing standard Network Administration procedures including but not limited to configuring network switches, routers and troubleshooting of data circuits between sites in an enterprise LAN\WAN\MAN environment and configure and troubleshoot VPN connections via point-to-point tunnels using pre-shared keys and IPSec rules.
- Upgrading firmware and IOS on networking equipment and, working with System Administrators, application and end-user support teams to provide support for production and non-production systems.
- Interfacing with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance and, install network hardware, software and provides data communications support.
- Demonstrating experience in planning, installing and maintaining Layer II and Layer III switching and routing equipment and VLAN, knowledge of Communications Security (COMSEC) accountability procedures and regulations, and, experience maintaining various communications components (switches, routers, modems, etc.).
- Performing the actions required to correct deficiencies or shortcomings and to improve system performance and efficiency and assist in the integration efforts for lifecycle migration plans, as well as new systems with COTS, GOTS, NDI (non-development items), and developmental equipment.
- Creating and updating network documentation, network assessments and reporting results.
- Working closely with other members of the Network team to support the overall mission of the company and the customer.
- Must hold and maintain active Secret Clearance
Required Experience, Skills & Education:
- BA/BS + 3 years or AA/AS +5 years or a major cert + 7 years or 9 years of recent specialized experience
- CCNP Routing and Switching certification
- DOD 8570 IAT II compliance (CompTIA Security +, equivalent or greater)
- CCNP Certification
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- Experience supporting CJTF
Why join us?
Located on the Red Sea, Djibouti boasts beautiful beaches with exotic sites/attractions, including unparalleled scuba diving sites and swimming with whale sharks. The region has an eclectic blend of international, urban, and indigenous culture you are free to explore, and is geographically central providing easy and convenient travel to destinations in Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Work perks include:
- Paid relocation to/from OCONUS location
- Overseas living allowance(s) and other OCONUS pay
- Foreign Earned Income Tax Exemption
- Benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance; paid time off; 401k with company match; etc.
- Base access (Exchange, dining, post office, commissary access, etc.)
- Thriving Expat Community
If you know someone who may be a good fit, refer them to us! Your referral could get you a one-time referral payment of $5,000. More details here.
External Referral EligibleExternal Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:$5,000.00Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:SecretTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Network Administration and OpsPay Range: